Saturday Night

Jo's pov

I'm getting ready for my date with Hero as Mercy helps me zip my dress she says "I can't believe the difference in my brother since you came here." "Is that a good or bad thing?" I chuckle. "Oh most definitely good" she says laughing. I put on some light make up and tie a few strands of hair back leaving the rest flowing down. I slide on my black strap heels and grab my black clutch. "Damn girl you look hot in red" Mercy says twirling me around. All of a sudden there's a knock on my door and I say "come in Hero" already knowing his knocks. He walks in and his eyes scan me up and down and then he looks into my eyes and he has the biggest smile his dimples popping out. "You look stunning" he says giving me a kiss. "You don't look so bad your self" I say giving him a wink. Who am I kidding he looks so fucking hot in his white button up shirt and black over coat and slacks. "Eh hem" Mercy mutters. I had completely forgot she was still standing here. "Sorry Mercy" I say giggling. "Have fun you little wankers don't do anything I wouldn't do" she says with a wink. As she goes out the door I yell "well that doesn't leave out much" causing her to flip me off and for Hero to have a heart attack. "What do you mean about that?" He asks me nervously. "Just girl talk babe are you ready to go?" I ask him trying to get his mind off this topic. "Yeah let's go we got reservations" he says leading me out the hall and to his car. He opens my door and then gets in as soon as we are driving and the radio is playing some British rapper Stormzy that Hero is obsessed with he grabs my hand and kisses it and we don't let go our fingers intertwined the whole ride to the restaurant.

Hero's pov

When I walked in to get Jo the only thing I could think of was how breath taking she is. She looked so beautiful in her red dress and her hair pulled away from her beautiful face. She had minimal make up which she knows I prefer I love her as she is an all natural beauty. We exchanged a few compliments and then Mercy and Jo started bantering I was focused on checking Jo out you could see the peek of her breast out her dress and my mind was trying to control myself from sucking that spot right here and now when I heard Mercy says something like don't do anything I wouldn't do and then Jo said that doesn't leave out much. What the fuck does that mean? I ask Jo about it but she shrugs it off as just girl talk and bats her lashes asking if I'm ready to go. Fuck I can't say no to her. I lead her to the car and we hold hands the entire ride I'm constantly looking at her and an in awe at how one person can contain so much beauty and light. We arrive at the restaurant and when we get it the maitre'd greets us. "Hi reservation for Fiennes-Tiffin" I say. "Yes sir right this way with your lady please." He says leading us to a table in the back it has a vase of sunflowers and roses and candles illuminate the setting. I pull Jo's chair out for her and see her face light up in awe. "Do you like it?" I ask sheepishly. "Like it no way" and my heart sinks "I absolutely love it" she shrieks leaning over for a kiss. Thank God. We order our food I get a steak and chips and Jo orders a pasta bowl. When our food arrives we eat and talk about what we want out of life and our careers. I can't help but be drawn in and captivated by every word she says. She's so passionate about her craft and it only pushes me to be just as passionate. As I finally look up I notice we are the only ones left in the restaurant and the bus boy and waitress are standing by waiting for us to leave already. I pay the check and leave a decent tip. "Shit I didn't realize we talked so long" I say scratching my head a nervous tick I can't seem to shake. I get Jo in the car and drive back home and she is being really quite. "What's wrong love?" I ask her grabbing her hand but she pulls it away. Ok what the fuck did I do? "Just bring me home Hero" she says sighing. I pull over in alley and say "no Jo what the fuck happened we were having a great night." "Yeah we were til you complained about us talking all night. I get it now that you had me you just want sex no talking or commitment" she says exasperatedly folding her hands over her arms. She is the most stubborn damn woman I already told her I loved her. How else do I prove I want her for the long haul? "Jo look at me please" I say pleading with her. She tries to turn her head away from me so I place my hand on her chin and force her to look at me when she is finally looking into my eyes I say "I wasn't mad that we talked all night I was shocked that's all because I've never wanted to talk to someone that much ever and I didn't even want it to end." I kiss her and she lets me pulling me closer she says "I'm sorry I'm so insecure Hero." While snuggling into my neck. "You don't ever have to be insecure with me I love you Josephine don't forget that your the only one I've ever loved." I tell her bringing her lips back to mines. "Let's get home so I can give you desert since we never got to order some" she says with a wink. "Yes ma'am" I say and she chuckles as I bring the car back onto the road. "We can get a hotel room" I say hoping she says yes. She looks over at me with a mischievous smile and says "let's go get some stuff first."