Chapter 16 (Its Time For A Meeting)

I close my eyes and refuse to open them. Cameron tells me it's okay but I know he's upset that I'm not an Avariel and well I am kind of upset to. If I could choose I would have loved to be an Avariel. I storm out of the building and start running through the forest not caring were I'm going. I stop and notice that the whole time I was running I was running super fast. I start breathing fast now and stand very still. I hear the sound of a stream and different types of animals scouring around in the bush.

"This is amazing."

I focus my eyes on a rain drop on a leaf and just like a magnifying glass my eyes zoom in onto the rain drop. I blink and my eyesight goes back to normal. I remember I have wings and I look on my back but I don't have any wings. I try so hard to make my wings appear but nothing happens. I also remember that I get a special ability but just like my wings, nothing I do reveals it.

I decide to go back to Annabeth's village and see if they knew why I couldn't get my wings and special ability to appear. I get there in the matter of minutes and see that Rorric is talking to Cameron. I proceed to them and they start glaring at me. Cameron smiles at me and Rorric looks like he wants to punch me in the face.

"Are you okay Lily?" Cameron asks.

"You should know, you do have the power of empath, do you not?"

"It takes new face's awhile to learn their more complicated abilities like your special ability." Rorric says.

"why I can't use my wings.

"With some training we can get you to face strangers in no time."

"Rorric was just telling me that we should get back home and get everyone who wants to change and bring them here." I nod and wait for Cameron as Rorric tells him something else. Cameron nods and we take off into the woods at full speed.

I climb a tree but instead of Cameron staying and running below he follows me right up the tree.

"Well looky here. You can actually climb a tree."

"Oh shut up and keep moving." I start giggling but carry on.

Moving way faster now then when we went to Annabeth's village. It's just so easy to move from branch to branch and if you fall you can catch yourself and pull yourself back up with no troubles at all. I stop and look at Cameron. Cameron looks at me and I don't see his beautiful blue eyes anymore. I frown a little and turn away.

"What's wrong?"

"You don't have your blue eyes anymore." Cameron comes over next to me and kisses my cheek.

"Yes I don't have my blue eyes but I am still the same person." I start blushing a little.

"See I knew I could cheer you up."

He jumps out of the tree and takes off running. I sit there for a moment and think to myself if this is the life I want. The life of a monster but then again I am doing this for good am I not? I mean I'm going to kill people but they are going to deserve it.

"Come on Lily we don't have all day here." I blink and snap out of my trance. I jump to the ground but wait another second. I look around and feel like people are watching me. I turn and start running home with Cameron.

We get home and I'm impressed. Some houses are built and are just getting stocked up with supplies. Sydney comes running up to me and I turn my head.

"Hey sis that took a very long time. Where did you go and what did you do?"

"Umm we found that girls home and her dad wants to meet with all of us. So go tell everyone to meet right here?"

"Sure thing, but before I do that we all came up with a name for our new home." Sydney says almost jumping up and down.

"We'll let's hear it."

"Well if its okay with you we want to call it Harp." I look at Cameron and he looks like he really likes the name.

"I like it." I said.

"Good I'll go and get everyone." She replies running off.

"Well that was awkward if you ask me." Cameron spits out.

"Really was it that bad?"

"I think she knows something's up but let's just wait and see."

It didn't take long for people to get the word to come meet me. Cameron grabs a box that we can stand on and in five minutes everybody is waiting on what I'm about to say. I stare at Cameron hoping that he would start the conversation but he never does.

"Umm hello everyone. Thank you for supporting me and I'm very glad we've made it this far." Some people in the crowd start cheering and screaming but they go silent in a few seconds.

"I have something to tell all of you." Everybody stares into my eyes starting to make me sweat and have butterflies. I step down and back up a bit. Cameron does the same staying by my side.

"Just a few hours ago I was introduced to two different types of tribes calls the Adhene's and the Avariel's. These two groups are better known as fairies." Everybody's mouths just drop.

"They are looking for more people to change and well I think we should. I did it and I have never felt better." A person in the crowd jumps out and moves to the front.

"So you mean to tell us that you are a fairy?"

"Yes I am a fairy and so is Cameron and we want whoever wants to be one to come with us tomorrow."

"And why should we, who here wants to be a freak?" A person from the crowd says.

I look at Cameron and smile.

"Well if I'm such a freak could I do this?" I run at top speed right past everyone to the other side of the camp and back.

"I also have enhanced hearing and vision, plus I have wings. The Adhene's get a special ability but I don't know what mine is yet."

Finally Cameron takes over. "The Avariel can run fast and have wings too but that's about their only similarities. You have the power of empath and enhanced memory. Probably the most amazing ability is I can heal a lot faster than a normal person."

"Thank you Cameron. As you can see there are many reasons to come with us tomorrow. Oh and one last thing, you don't get to pick if you want to be an Adhene or an Avariel your fate does that." I say finishing up.

If they thought they were in shock when I told them we were fairies they must be dead now. Nobody said a word, nobody even moved a muscle. I walked away to go find my truck and still as I walked away no one moved. I found the truck parked beside a bundle of water and right away I jumped in and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the cushion.