Coco's side of the story

Coco's POV
I woke up today feeling pretty excited since it was the day of the masquerade and Angel's birthday. I was going shopping with my best friend Justine for Angel's birthday gift and a gown for the night. I was also pretty excited to see Tom again since I couldn't get him off my mind since the last party. Chace had broken my heart and this past week has been especially hard for me. I felt disconnected and numb, the only thing that was keeping me going was the thought of seeing Tom again. I got out of bed and tried not to wake Kian and Joshua up (my roommates). I'm actually the only demon that's a girl and it gets on my nerves, I know I have the chance to be surrounded by a bunch of hot guys and have no competition but there's just too much testosterone all the time. I got ready quickly and rejoined Justine at our local mall to do some shopping. I wouldn't say that I'm a shopaholic but let's just say that shopping can quickly change my mood and brighten my day.

-There you are ! Took you long enough.

-Justine you know it takes me a long time to get ready I need more than coffee to go shopping.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. We entered the mall and I felt immediately happier. We went through a lot of shops and picked our dresses for the night. I went for a gorgeous red gown that complimented my skin tone and Justine opted for a baby blue dress since it's her favourite color and suited her aesthetic.

We now needed to find Angel's gift

We now needed to find Angel's gift. I wanted to buy
her something special since I wanted to show her how much it meant to me that she supported me that much during the last party. We entered a little shop with no other customer than Justine and I. The old lady that owned the shop approached us and asked us if we were looking for something in particular.

-Yes actually! I want to buy something for my friend.

-Well you're in luck young lady I'm a fortune teller and I know exactly what your friend needs. Let me get it for you.

She went in the back and came back with a beautiful  shiny journal. She offered me to engrave Angel's name on the front, I thought it would had a nice touch to the gift so I accepted. Justine was as thrilled as me with the idea and was excited to meet Angel since I've talked a lot about her. Justine is like a sister to me and I really wanted her to get along with Angel well. I went back to my room alone since we cannot invite anyone from another "clan" into our rooms. That's another thing that I absolutely hate about living with only guys I never have anyone to get ready with for parties. Kian was still sleeping when I came back and Joshua was god knows where. I woke Kian up so he wouldn't be late for tonight's party and so he could help me get ready. Kian has been really supportive since my breakup with Chace and I think it's mostly because he wants to date me but I only see him as my best friend.