Étienne's side of the story

Étienne's POV
I woke up this morning feeling pretty excited for the day that was about to start. It was Angel's birthday and I couldn't wait to give her her gift. I knew she always dreamt of visiting Europe and I couldn't wait to experience this with her. I also wanted her to have some company so I decided to get her a little furry friend she could spend her days with. Loick was already up which was very surprising considering that he's the type of guy that loves to stay in bed all day. I guess he was probably excited for tonight's celebration as well.

-Morning...

-Good morning Loick. Did you sleep well last night?

-I did...I was wondering, I know it's none of my business but when are you going to tell Angel...about you I mean.

I knew exactly what he meant, the truth is I haven't been completely honest with her and that troubled me as well. I was the other creator all the books have been talking about. I had met Loick when I was Étienne and since then he had been following me and helping me remember all my previous lives that I would have forgotten if he wouldn't have been there to help me. I didn't want to tell Angel because I felt like it would force our connection and I wanted it to be genuine. The principal Ruby told me that I could wait to tell her considering that I remember some of my past lives including the majority of my powers. Tonight was Angel's special day and I didn't want to spoil it by telling her my true identity and the reason why our connection is so strong and inexplicable.

-I won't tell her tonight Loick...and I know that you liked her in the past and that it's hard for you but please respect my decision of waiting.

-Étienne you know none of the guys that fell in love with her ever stood a change against the connection that you both have. I see the love in her eyes when she looks at you.

Hearing Loick say that made me feel mixed emotions, I felt happy because I could tell that our connection is real but I was also worried because I know how much he cares about her and he's my only way of remembering my past lives.

-Listen brother...let's get ready for tonight and we'll talk about this later. We're going to have a lot of fun tonight.

He smiled and gave me a big hug that instantly made me feel better. We decided to eat before starting getting ready. I put on a classic black and white suit with a bow tie. I wanted to impress Angel tonight and I knew that this could do the trick. Loick went for a sexy black suit that would probably make a few girls fall in love with him tonight.

 Loick went for a sexy black suit that would probably make a few girls fall in love with him tonight

-You look good bro !

-You look good as well Étienne. She's going to fall for you even more.

I was finally ready to go pick up Angel, I got out of my room followed by Loick and knocked on her door. When she opened her door I couldn't help but gasp. She was absolutely stunning in her gorgeous pink gown. I couldn't take my eyes of her. Loick had already left before getting to see how beautiful Angel looked. I knew he would be amazed when he'll see her. We embarked in a carriage and arrived at the reception hall together. After a few minutes Angel and I went on the dance floor to do the infamous waltz that we had to practice during the whole week. Angel was a great dancer, I couldn't remember us dancing together during the Medieval time but I had a feeling it was one of our favourite things to do. We just complimented each other really well and I truly felt like I was floating on the dance floor. The world around me had disappeared and the only thing on my mind was her. After the dance Angel went to see her friends so I decided to go outside look at the stars. I was a little nervous to give her her gift so I knew that I had to take a break from the celebration. Being alone got me thinking about the whole creator situation. I was wondering why the principal worked so hard to bring us together and make us develop our special abilities. I was quickly disrupted from my thoughts when I saw a blonde elf approaching.

-Sorry I didn't to interrupt your thoughts...I didn't know someone would be outside.

-Oh no worries mon ami ! My name's Étienne and you are ?

-My name's Robin ! Nice to meet you...parties are a lot of fun but sometimes I just have to take a break and get some fresh air.

-I totally understand !

Robin left me alone until I saw Angel approaching. I was delighted to see her. We talked for a while and I could feel by the words that were coming out of her mouth that she was just as in love with me as I was. I felt like I should tell her about us but retracted myself at the last minute and decided to give her her gift instead. I was really excited to share this experience with her for a second time even though we both can't remember the first time we toured Europe together a long time ago. I had everything meticulously planned to make her feel like a princess because I know very well that we both like luxurious things. Being a vampire has a lot of perks that I don't mind using when they serve my interests. After I gave her her gift we headed to the front of the castle so we wouldn't miss the fireworks. We cuddled and watched the show like two children seeing magic for the first time. Sharing a soul with someone has some advantages believe it or not. At the end of the night I made sure to wish Angel happy birthday one last time and went back to my dorm with Loick. We talked about the night for a while before I told him about my concerns concerning the principal's strange behaviour.

-Loick she went out of her way to find us and bring us to her school to teach me how to awake all my powers, not only that she brought my soulmate or twin flame to the same school so we can be reunited. We haven't been reunited in years and we've never experienced every parts of our powers before. Don't you think it's suspicious ?

-I mean when you put it that way...but Ruby is trusted by every creature and she was elected to be the principal of this school, we should trust her. She probably just wants you guys to reach your full potential and I can't blame her it's freaking cool.

-Yeah you're right Loick...I'm overthinking again you know me.

On that note we both went to bed and felt asleep.