Day 22

Today was the day I was going to learn the truth. I could barely sleep last night, my head was spinning and I could feel like my heart was about to explode. I wanted Ian to be honest with me, I wasn't sure if I could trust him. I didn't want my feelings for him interfering with what he was about to tell me. I arrived in a clearing where I saw Ian standing, alone, looking like an angel from heaven.

-You came ?

-Of course I did...It seemed like you had something important to tell me.

He was holding a photo in his hands that seemed very old.

-Let's start by the beginning, the day after I surprised you and told you a little bit more about my life I came back to my room and all my belongings were scattered around the room, like someone was looking for something in particular. I realized that the picture that i'm holding right now was on my bed...with something very concerning written behind it.

He slowly gave me the picture he was talking about. When I saw what it was my heart stopped.

-Why do you have a picture of me in a victorian era gown ?

Deeply inside me I knew the answer of my question.

-This isn't you Angel, it's Celeste...

I gasped in shock, even though I wasn't very surprised by his statement.

-I took this photo in 1868...one year before she disappeared.

I couldn't possibly wrap my head around everything that was happening.

-She disappeared ?

-She left me without even saying goodbye, I woke up one morning and she had already packed her stuff and was gone...like she was never a part of my life.

-I'm so sorry...

Ian motioned me to look at the back of the picture. It was written "If you ever see her again I'll kill you !"

-Do you think it's about me ?

-It can't possibly be about Celeste...

-Why do I look like her so much ?

-The only thing I could think of is a doppelgänger...

-A doppelgänger ?

-Yeah, it's basically a non-biologically related look-alike.

-So you knew all along that I was the identical replica of your ex girlfriend Celeste and you didn't tell me !

-When I saw you I thought it was her...but when I asked Kylie who you were she told me your name was Angel. I decided that I wanted to get to know you better because I wanted to feel like I was with Celeste again.

-That's why you automatically liked me and felt like you knew me ?

-Yes, when I got to know you a little bit better I realized that you had way more similarities with her then only your features.

-And you told me those things at the party because of the warning behind the photo ?

-I thought it was my only way to protect you...and I've already lost Celeste, I didn't wanna loose you.

-I'm back with Noah now...

He looked defeated.

-I know it might never be the same but i'll always be there for you.

-Me too Ian.

Ian hugged me and kissed me on the forehead before leaving the forest as quick as a lightning bolt.

I returned to my cabin to think about everything he said.

-You seem preoccupied... asked Jamie

-Well, I just had a talk with Ian

-Wait what ?!

-Turns out I'm his ex girlfriend's doppelgänger.

-That explains a lot...

-Why aren't you suprised ?

She laughed.

-I mean you're a creator, nothing will ever suprise me about you ! Wanna join us to the waterfall?

-Yeah, that'll change my mind !

I tried to pretend like I was unbothered but I was truly terrified and confused. What am I ? Why is my story not adding up ?