MY RAINBOW ~ NEWT!

WARNING: SUICIDE MENTIONS
A/n: In this imagine, reader jumped off the wall but survived and got a limp like Newt. Newt also has a limp but due to griever and not what the Reader did.

--------------------------------

*Newt's POV*
I'm broken. There's no denying it. Everyone can see it. I was always broken, but then she came into my life and my life blossomed like a flower. My happiness was stuck in a seed, but it eventually turned into a plant slowly and gradually. It was boring and only had a few colours. But, then she came along, and my life became colorful and I got a hope for living. 

Y/n. The most beautiful person I've ever seen and will ever see, even though she is the only girl I remember looking at. Her smile, could cheer up anyone, no matter how bad the situation was. She came the box an year ago, and I'm still deciding if I should thank the creators for sending such a beauty or kill them for ruining such an innocent's life. She has a charisma that brought life in the glade and I will forever be grateful to her for that.

It was until a few weeks ago. She started acting weird and reserved. She smiled but not how much she used to. But, I could see through her smiles. They were fake. I would know, I was used to giving them before her. I knew something was up. Whenever, I used to ask her, she would just wave it off and give me one of those fake smiles. But, I could see it in her eyes. She was hurting. She was hurting bad.

A week ago, I woke up and found a letter on my bedside
Dear Newt,
I'm sorry for what I'm going to do. I just know I can't take it anymore. You were my first friend ever. And even though, I'm going, I think you deserve to know. I love you. I always have since the moment you pulled me out of the box. Thank you for all those times you comfort me and stood up for me. Thank you for always being there. Thank you for everything. Please take care of yourself and the others for me.
With Love
Y/n

That was the time, my heart shattered into pieces. I remember running to Alby and screaming at his face. I remember Alby and Minho coming back into the glade screaming for the medjacks. I remember not leaving her side for a minute. I remember every minute of this, so much that it haunts me in my nightmares. Taunting me for not doing anything, even though I knew she was hurting.

 I was sitting in the kitchen and playing with my food. Alby had somehow managed to throw me out of her room to eat something. Then, I heard a high pitched scream, a scream which can break anyone's heart. It wasn't a scream of terror or physical pain, but frustration and agony, so much pain that brought tears to my eyes. It was her scream.

*YOUR POV*
I woke up in a room which was not mine. I looked around and realized I was in the med-shack. I sat up and the memories started flooding my brain. Slowly and gradually, I remembered everything that happened. WHY WASN'T I DEAD?! I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE. I couldn't bear it anymore. So I screamed, I screamed and screamed until, the medjacks, Alby and Newt burst through the doors. I couldn't look at them especially Newt.

Newt ran and hugged me, but I pushed him off. I could feel, he was hurt and confused. 

"This is all of your fault. I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO LIVE! WHY DID YOU TELL THEM?? THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO END. I wasn't supposed to live." The last sentence came out barely as a whisper. 

I finally looked at Newt. His eyes were red and puffy and full of tears, like he had been crying, alot. He had dark circles under his eyes, like he hadn't slept for weeks.

No one could bring themsleves to answer me, so I decided to break the unbearble silence. 

"How long have I been out?"
"A week." Clint answered. After a pause he said, "You have a few bruises, a concussion and your leg was snapped in 3 posiitions, so we had to snap it back. We didn't have the enough supplies. So, you'll have a permanent limp."

 "Of course, I will." I scoffed. " Can you guys leave me alone for sometime please?" 

"Alright, you can have sometime alone. C'mon guys." Alby said in a low voice. Obviously, he was wanted to cry, but couldn't in front of us. Soon, they all of left except for Newt. 

"Newt you too, leave please." I looked at him. Although, I wish I didn't. He was standing there. Looking so broken, so vulnerable. Although, I couldn't bring myself to comfort him. He slowly nodded and left

I laid back down and slept hoping this nightmare would be over.
The next few days were complete hell. By then, I was over the fact that I was still alive, but was still stuck on bed rest for a while.

After a few weeks, I could walk with the help of crutches. One day, I was called in the council hall. I opened the door only to find Alby, Minho and Newt standing there waiting for me. They all had a somber look on their faces and I knew exactly what this conversation was about. 

As soon as I came, their heads turned towards me. Alby motioned me to sit, but I stood on my guard. "How are you y/n?" Alby asked.

"Alive." I replied unenthusiastically.

"You know we all car-" I cut him off by asking,"Do you think we are ever getting out?" 

"What?" He asked clearly confused. 

"I said, do you think we are ever getting out. I mean, I am a runner or I was a runner and we have mapped all the paths. We have already lost so many people here. I don't think, there is any way out. I feel like we are all going to die here eventually. So why wait for death?" I could tell everyone was shocked as they heard the words come out of my mouth. Me, the the girl who provided hope to everyone, standing in front of them looking so hopeless, but it was the truth and I couldn't change it.

"I wanted it to end. I wanted everything to end. The moment, I came here, I did everything I could for you guys. Was it so bad, that the last thing, I ever wanted to do was a little selfish? Is it so wrong that I can't bear the pressure I get being a runner to get out. You're the keeper Minho, you would understand." I pointed towards Minho.

 "How do I live when my life is a nightmare, I can't wake up from? When sleep is the only escape? I wanted to sleep forever. So, that's exactly what I did or tried to anyway. But, you guys had to be the hero. Huh?" I pointed accusingly at all the 3.
"Why couldn't you just let me go?"

Newt started, "Because we care about you. We don't wanna lose you. Okay? Especially not me. You're a sister to them. And to me? You're my best friend, my hope, my everything and I love you. Everyday, I wake up, I want to see your face. I want you to be happy and smile, a genuine one, not the fake ones you are very good at giving. You are not alone. You will never be alone. I won't ask you to live for us because I know it just increases the pressure, but I want you to live for yourself. Your future, which you can have, don't give up, not just yet. We will get out, I promise you no matter what I will have to do." I looked down when he said this. 

But he put his 2 fingers under my chin making me look at him. Tears were streaming down both of our faces.

He pulled me into a kiss. It took me by surprise but, I eventually kissed back. His lips were soft and salty because of our tears. We pulled apart and rested our foreheads against each others.
"I love you y/n. Please don't leave me again."

"Never."

And for the first time in forever, I felt complete because, even though sometimes, we feel worthless, we always have someone we can talk to. Never let some negative thoughts from your mind let you down. Although, we may have ups and downs, they both basically make us stronger and we all know,

"YOU CAN'T HAVE A RAINBOW WITHOUT A LITTLE RAIN.."

------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you liked it! Also if anyone is struggling and having some bad thoughts, our DMs are always open. Remember, YOU ARE WORTH IT!