3

Terry's p.o.v.

I headed off to school after a long night of being Batman. But seriously you'd think that people my age had better things to do than getting in with the wrong crowd. For example: Jokerz Gangs, shoplifting, weapon supplying, the Gotham usual's. Why just why can't they go shopping, homework , family time, A job, or go to a teen club for a change?

Then again I guess I'm being a hypocrite in a way since I'm well Batman and the personal Assisitant of Bruce Wayne the former Batman.

On my way to school I ran into Marinette. "Morning Terry" She said giving me a small smile.

"Morning" I yawned

"Long night with your boss?" She asked

"You have no idea" I sighed rubbing my eyes trying to stay awake.

"Coffee?" She asked pointing to a Coffee house walk-up window as we exited the train.

  I raised an eyebrow at this. "Hey I need a cup as well anyway forgot to get coffee yesterday when I went shopping" Marinette justified

I looked at my watch seeing that we had the time to grad a cup. "I'll pay" I told her

"No my suggestion I pay you can pay next time" Marinette said leaving no room for argument

My words stayed trapped in my throat refusing to refute her in anyway shape or form. "So Paris?" I asked as we walked to the window and Marinette ordered two large coffees one black (Mine) and another with cream and sugar (her's), "What's it like other than the formerly depressing stuff" I asked making a refferance to the villains without saying their names aloud.

"It's nice. The architecure is always inspiring. I had a secret spot for insperation that over looked the Eiffel tower and the Seine for when I was having an artist block. " Marinette said with a wistful smile on her face, "My parents own a really popular bakery that I'd help out with whenever I didn't have a commission or babysitting to do. My uncle on my mothers side is a really famous Chef known for his Celestial soup"

"Wait your Uncle is Chef Cheng Sifu?" I asked knowing him very well since my mom loved his cooking style and one day wished to  try his food personally.   

"Yup well Great uncle technically, but...." Marinette said as we turned on to a street

"Gotcha" I said

We continued to talk all the way to school. "Terry!" A voice called out

I turned and saw Dana walking towards us. "Dana" I smiled hugging her once she was close to us.

"Who's this?" She asked

"This is Marinette Dupain-Cheng she's the transfer from Paris that we heard about on Friday. And the neighbor that's been moving her belongings into the apartment next to mine" I explained

"Hi" Marinette said

Dana gave Marinette a once over. "So just neighbors?" Dana asked

"Yeah" Marinette said, "Not planning on any romance anytime soon after what happened in Paris"

That caught Dana's attention and turned on her mother hen switch. "Wanna talk about it?" She asked

"Maybe once I've gotten my class schedule and found my class" She nervously said

I could tell what happened in Paris was still a sore subject for her. "Let me take you to the office then" Dana smiled dragging Marinette behind her

"Did the new girl just steal your Girlfriend?" Chelsea asked shocked while looking at Marinette and Dana's retreating figures.

"I think it's actually the other way around my Girlfriend stole Marinette" I said blinking not really believing what had just happened either.