10

Once again it was time for school which unfortunately meant that the brains of my classmates, Mari and I had to put up with Lila and her sheep for the next eight hours. Great,  note my sarcasm.

Mari and I got to school unscathed and with no problems till we got to our first class only to find Ass-greste in my seat. "Aren't you supposed to be in the back?" I snarled at him knowing that Mari sat right next to me in almost every class we had together. The exception being family studies.

"No this is now my seat " Ass-greste said with a smirk that I only saw on the faces of mob bosses and the other dregs in this city.

"Really?" I asked

"Cause I seem to recall that each computer has a print scanner so no one aside from the periods desk user is allowed to log on so if you're really sitting here Agreste you should be able to log on and I also recall the teacher saying no interaction between your former classmates and *gasp* what do you know I sit on your other side" Chloe said in a very dramatic manner.

I would have laughed at that if I wasn't so angry at Ass-greste at the moment. "I don't think so Chloe I didn't hear anything about that yesterday  besides now I get to sit with my princess" Ass-greste said looking at Mari like a piece of meat or a prize.

I snarled and was about ready to lunge at him, till Dana stopped me.  "Terry no!" Dana said pushing me back to Mari who hugged me from behind.

"I got this!" Dana growled flicking out a knife. (This is Gotham folks do you really think that parents are going to listen to the no weapons rule that every school has? No, parents want their kids to come home in one piece so this is completely normal)

"How did you get a knife onto school grounds!" Alix asked

"Do you really think that parents would let their kids go to school in Gotham of all places without protection of one kind or another? You're all dumber than you look " Chelsea said taking out her gun that shot electro bullets before going to help Dana out with Ass-greste.

"Excuse me mister Agreste but I believe that you are in the wrong seat. Get back with your other classmates or else you'll get detention the rest of the time you are here and get banned from the rest of the activities you're class has scheduled " our teacher said coming into the classroom.

"But I was assaulted and threatened!" Agreste shouted

"They obviously didn't do a good job at it then seeing as how your still here and I see no visible signs of assault on your person now get back to your proper seat before I carry out my threat from yesterday morning " he droned not really caring.

I smiled in victory as Agreste left my seat glaring at me the entire time. "You alright?" I asked Mari once he was seated and I cleaned off my seat. I wanted it to be free of Ass-greste and his harrassment.

"Yeah I'm fine " Mari told me with a small smile.

I kissed her forehead when our teacher spoke again. "YES! DEBRA NOW OWES ME FIFTY BUCKS!"

"What?" Mari and I asked confused

"Terry the entire faculty had a betting pool for when you and Marinette finally got together and make it public knowledge, the principal is going to make out like a bandit for this one. " Max explained laughing her butt off.

Oh my God there was a betting pool on the two of us.  I could tell that my face was red and so was Mari's. This is so embarrassing cause even Bruce knew that we'd get together. Then again the guy wasn't Batman for nothing.

We got on with class for the day. By the end of it everyone in our school was planning on killing Lila, Alya, and Agreste in some manner. Not that I blame them or will stop them as Batman at all.

Since it was Friday, Mari and I headed to the movies where after a bit of arguing we agreed who'd pay for what. I'd get the tickets and Mari would get the popcorn.

After the movie we made our way to Wayne manor for patrol. "Want to join me tonight?" I asked Mari.

"I don't think so according to Max the batmobile really isn't meant to have a passenger in it "Mari told me with a smile.

"Fair enough " I said returning the smile with a light chuckle.

"Hello  Pur-incess. Your knight is here for  you" the all to familiar voice of Ass-greste said

"I am not your anything Adrien. Leave me alone" Mari demanded

"Leave us brat" I venomously spat putting myself between Adrien and Mari.

"This has nothing to do with you rebound boy this is between two soulmates so leave." Adrien retorted as Mari and I glared at him.

"You're delusional ever thought about doing a few rounds at Arkham?" I asked continuing to glare at him.

I sensed a fight so I called Commissioner Gordon and left it in my pocket so she could hear.

"Your body language suggests that I need to stay here Adrien besides I've heard plenty about you from Nino and Chloe I can't say I trust you to be anywhere with Mari. "I calmly told him.

He drew a gun and pointed it at my head. "Leave or else you die here", he said pulling back the hammer.

"Police put the gun down and step away from the couple " Gordon's voice rang out.

She sure moves fast. Adrien slammed me with the flat of the gun before grabbing Mari, but before he could bolt  I drop kicked him and knocked the gun from his hand, before pinning him to the ground.

Two of Gordon's men came and carted Adrien off in handcuffs. "I thought I told you not to cause trouble Mcginnis ?" Barbra told me

"I swear it wasn't. " I started to say.

"I wasn't done you did well to call we have video feed that shows what really happened we can probably put him in juvie for a while for this. Carrying a self defense weapon like a knife or a taser gun is one thing this on the other hand is a weapon made only to kill." Barbra said holding the gun I'd previously kicked out of Ass-greste's hand over thirty minutes ago in an evidence bag, "but for now get her home"

I gently lead Mari away from the police to take her home. I'd already given Nino and Chloe a call as we walked to let them know what had happened. "You alright?" I asked

"I don't know Terry. What Adrien did really shook me up, ......... I just want him gone " she said taking a shaky breath.

I pulled her close to me to comfort her as we walked to the complex. I didn't say anything else I just offered comfort and support the entire time.

Nino was there to revive Mari. "Good night my heart " I told her quietly while I kissed her forehead

"Good night my soul " Mari replied at the same volume. Giving me one final hug before going to Nino.

"See you later " Nino said before closing the door.

I ran as quickly as I could to Wayne manor for patrol.  "How's Marinette?" Bruce asked while I got suited up.

"Shaken but fine all things considered" I told him

"Gordon called before you arrived Agreste is being deported back to Paris tomorrow for assault with a lethal weapon and 5 attempted sexual assaults in just the past three days all on Miss Dupain-Cheng and yourself. He'll be spending some time insane asylum before heading to prison for the next ten years" Bruce told me.

"Good" I growled having had enough of Agreste for a lifetime.

So that's one head that's been cut. That just leaves Alya and Lila to guillotine. Off With Their Heads! O so speakith the Queen of Angels and The King Of The Night.