Ch 6 : Revolves Around You

Another day in 2007

"Where do we put this anyway? Ugh, this thing do smell!" Jiang Cheng grumbled as he shoved a fertilizer sack down to the ground. Dirts were flying around as he clapped both of his hand. "I smell like shit."

"Yeah, like you always do." Wei WuXian chirped as he walked pass Jiang Cheng and dropped his share of sack carelessly.

Jiang Cheng glared and clenched his fist. "What did you-"

"No shouting in Cloud Recess."

Lan WangJi interrupted as he walked, passing him, then put the sack carefully. Jiang Cheng sealed his mouth immediately. The cold tone of Lan WangJi's voice had the power of making almost everyone obeyed him.

"LAN ZHAN! COME HERE I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU!"

Except one person.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes and stomped his way following Nie HuaiSang who was busy plucking out wild weeds from the ground. With burrowed eyebrows and taut lips, Lan WangJi walked to the source of the voice.

"Wei Ying, no shouting in-" His words paused as he saw Wei WuXian holding a black cat and nuzzled it to his nose. "The cat..."

Wei WuXian grinned. He nestled the cat on his arms. "Remember this cat, Lan Zhan? You saved him last year." He rubbed the cat's forehead. "Before you nag me for it, I've tried to make him leave but he always come back so I just decided to keep him here in the farm."

Lan WangJi didn't say anything but he reached a hand to touch the cat's head. The cat struggled trying to hop off of Wei WuXian's arms. "I swear he won't make any trouble. He's a good kitty. He could eat wild mouses and other small animals that disturbed the plants. Please don't tell any teacher or Lan QiRen, okay?"

"Does he have a name?" Lan WangJi scratched the cat's right cheek and it leaned to his touch.

Wei WuXian pouted his mouth for a bit. His eyes peered over how Lan WangJi's face softened as he looked at the cat. Then he smiled wide as something brilliant flashed his mind. "I usually just called him Kitty. But starting today his name is... Rabbit!"

Lan WangJi gave him a questioning look. "Rabbit? Why would you name a cat as Rabbit?"

"Because you like rabbit! Right, Lan Zhan? Just before, you were looking at those bunnies in front of the store so happily. So... This cat name is... Rabbit!"

Lan WangJi held up his hands as Wei WuXian stretched out his to give the cat to him. "Ridiculous." Wei WuXian saw Lan WangJi's lips curled upwards involuntarily again and beamed happily. Rabbit rubbed his head on Lan WangJi's palm as he continued to pet it.

Seeing how Rabbit instantly purred on Lan WangJi's arms, Wei WuXian frowned. "Rabbit never do that to me! Hey, aren't you a traitor?!" He scratched Rabbit's nose playfully. "How come everyone always like you more than me?"

Lan WangJi stared at the cat on his hand fondly. "That's not true."

"Hm?" Wei WuXian raised one of his eyebrow. "Are you saying there's someone who loves me more than they love you?"

The boy holding the cat didn't answer. He was pretending like he didn't hear that question at all. Wei WuXian's eyes sparkled as he clapped his hand. "I know! It must be..." Lan WangJi's hand that was petting the cat halted and hovered in air.

Wei WuXian leaned his face close but then suddenly turned to the other direction. "Jiang Cheng! Do you like me or do you like Lan Zhan better?" The stiffness on Lan WangJi's body fade but he was still frozen in his place.