17:Before the Truth Pt.3

I slowly reached my hand over to Jae to tap her shoulder. I made sure to not lose eye contact with the boy that laid on the boards above us.

"Look," I pointed up to the ceiling, "your lover is right there," I whispered over to her.

Once Jae turned around to look where I was pointing at, Jungkook quickly placed the tile back. How are we going to find him now?

"Where?" she tried looking for him, but he already left.

"Now it's time to not worry about that, we need to find Jungkook before soundcheck starts," I grabbed Jae's hand and began walking at a fast pace.

Jungkook's POV

I hugged my knees tightly against my chest as I sat in the dark abyss of the metal box, or the air vents, whatever. My only source of light was the vent that was connected to a room.

I just want to leave, I'm scared of losing Jae. I know that I'm being such a coward about it, it's just that I hate losing people I love. For example, my exes. I loved them until I realized that they used me for fame and money. I know that Jae is the one because this writing on skin stuff tells me so. Maybe I am overthinking this.

"Kook?" I heard the soft echo of Jae's voice from where I was sitting. "Where are you?"

I hesitated. I held back from answering.

"H-here, I'm here," I quietly said, not expecting for anyone to hear it. Surprisingly, she did.

"Are you in here?" I hear Jae enter the room.

"Here," I softly spoke once again.

"Where's here?" I watched Jae between the small spaces of the air vent as she searched every inch of the room.

"Here," I finally said before keeping my mouth shut for who knows long. I don't think she'll see me, the vent is too up high and close to the ceiling. I mean, I'm not really expecting her to find me.

"Kook, please, I don't want to be late for the concert. You said you wanted to go with me, remember?" Jae said as she continued to search. "I just wanted you to know that I didn't watch the concert without you on purpose."

Sh-she really cares, doesn't she. That's it, I've had enough of this crap.

"Anyways, it looks like you want to be alone so I'll leave you alone." I watched Jae walk towards the door.

"Wait!" I called out to her, "Don't leave."

Jae turned around to the sound of my voice.

I crawled out of the vent and onto to the ceiling tiles. I carefully removed one over to the side, revealing to the room below me. I jumped straight down to my feet to see Jae in a state of shock.

"Y-you...were in the ceiling," she trembled.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just hiding there," I said as I dusted myself off with my hands.

"Why?" she questioned.

I hesitated.

"Jungkook!" Jimin barged into the room. "You coward!"

"Ji-," Jimin cut me off before I could even say his name.

"Don't 'Jimin' me! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DITCHED EVERYTHING AND HID! DID YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO THE REST OF US?!? YOU LEFT US WORRIED AS HELL!" Jimin scolded the younger.

"Bu-."

"Now let's go, you're stressing me out," Jimin grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room while Jae followed us from behind.