30: I Liked You, I Hope You Did Too

Jin was in his apartment all alone, laying on his bed, contemplating about life.

"I'm such a coward, aren't I?" Jin said to himself as he slapped his pillow onto his face.

He suddenly gasped and sat up, "What if Jae doesn't want to be my friend anymore? But what about Ella? I just ran away from her just like what Jungkook did with Jae. I'm such a hypocrite. You know what, I got this."

Jin got up from his bed that he has been laying on for the past 24-hours and got dressed to go find his soulmate and apologize to her. Jin was still debating on whether he should apologize to Jae, too, be he was too scared about it. He was scared that apologizing would make it worse.

--

Jin went into town to search for his soulmate. He searched every corner in hopes of finding her.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks once he realized his range of communication. "Oh, that's right, I can call her." Jin pulled out his phone and tried calling Ella. He pressed the screen against his ear, rehearsing the English words to himself.

A second went by and it went straight to her voicemail box.

"Huh?" Jin brought his phone to his eye-level so he could see what went wrong. "Did she block me?" He tried calling again. Nothing.

He smacked his head with his phone. "Aish, what did I do? All of this is my fault! If only I didn't run away, I wouldn't have screwed up everything!"

--

Jin opened the doors to the vanilla aroma filled bakery. He walked up to the glass display case and looked at all of the neatly decorated cakes that were placed slightly at an angle so the customers would see the desserts from a better view. Jin then picked out a cake and held the box, that contained the cake, tightly against his chest and in between his hands as he left the bakery.

As he walked out of the dessert filled place, he spotted two people he recognized.

"That's them, isn't it?" He said to himself from where he stood, looking at the couple from afar. "Hyunjae and Jungkook."

His first instinct was to go up to them and say 'hi'. But at that small sliver of a moment, he had forgotten about the time he yelled at Hyunjae, leaving her in a pool of dread and guilt. 

Jin held himself back from greeting the two. He continued to stare at them as they walked together farther into the distance, laughing and giggling to whatever there was to be laughing and giggling about. 

"They must be so happy now," Jin mumbled, then carried on what he was going to do with the cake he had bought not too long ago.

--

Jin sat down on a bench that was placed by the close edge of the river, facing the source of flowing water. He then slowly opened the box that contained his cake and stabbed it with his fork that he made sure to grab while he was at the bakery. 

He ate that cake peacefully, contemplating life while he ate. Jin ate that cake straight out of the box. No cutting or serving it on a plate. Just while it was the way it was.

The thought of Hyunjae with his best friend was a lot worse than he anticipated. He never realized it, but he was jealous of Hyunjae. It wasn't because she and Jungkook are a perfect match. A new reason came up to his mind while putting all of the puzzle pieces together.

Without him noticing, Jin's eyes were full of tears, ready to flow out any second. Jin then burst out crying. He quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped his eyes.

"I'm too old for her. Too old." Jin kept on telling himself to keep reality by his side.

Jin then rested his back against the backboard of the bench and sighed as he stared at the river, juggling his feelings from one place to another.

He then softly spoke to himself, "Oh, Hyunjae, I can't love you like Jungkook can. But it hurts to see you. I ruined our friendship by being such a coward. I like you, though. I like you a lot, and it hurts to see you having that with Jungkook. I love you."

Jin closed his eyes, hoping that reality isn't real, and the fact that the person that he fell in love with isn't with his best friend. 

Jin kept telling himself that he couldn't possibly be with that girl simply because they aren't soulmates, and because he's so much more older than her.

"Jin?" He heard a familiar voice call his name. Jin opened his eyes to see that it was the girl he was pouring his heart out to.

"Hyunjae?!" He exclaimed, startled by the fact that she popped out of nowhere. "Where did you come from?!"

I could've sworn she was with Jungkook. Was she not? Where'd he go? Wait...was she listening to me the whole time WHILE I HAD MY EYES CLOSED?!

Jin looked at the girl, waiting for a response from her. But all he could do was read the terrified and worried expression fixed upon her face.

Did she really hear me? Please.

"You...you love me?" She spoke which sent Jin off to a million lightyears away from Earth. 

Shit.

--

[A/N] 

Woohoo! A new chapter! I had like heck ton of outcomes for this chapter, I rewrote it like a million times that's why it took so long for me to get a new chapter up.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Stay safe and stay healthy!