Chapter 1

The lights were dim and I felt like I couldn't breath because of all the smoke that was filling the room, making me ask myself again what I was really doing here. I like smoking, but not inside where there's no windows and no open space.

What kind of hotbox shit is this?

It was a good club though. "Sinner" was known for it's illegal business with gangs, drugs and other stuff that I was too scared to find out. I couldn't imagine doing stuff like that. I heard and read about it, sure, but never came in contact with it. Until now.

Sarah and Jules really wanted to try this club out tonight, and who am I to spoil their fun? Plus, I couldn't complain, the whiskey tastes like heaven and the club is pretty big too. There are absolutely no windows though which makes everything creepier. I felt like I was stuck in a basement with no way out, but I think that was the fun of it, right?

"Gray, come one! Forget him for fucks sake, he was a useless cunt anyway", Jules' sudden scream erupts in my ear over the music, making me jump slightly.

I force a smile at her, my mind jumping involuntary to him. That cheating fuck. After a year and a half, he decided that our relationship doesn't mean shit to him, so instead of breaking up with me like a normal person, he decided to sleep with other girls. I couldn't bring myself to ask him with how many, and frankly, I didn't care anymore. Travis could suck my di-

"Let's get fucked up", Sarah yells in my ear and I can't help but give her an annoyed glare. She mouths "sorry" and gives me an innocent smile before she grabs my arm and drags me to the bar. I am not going to complain, I need to escape reality for a little bit.

I got myself a glass of vodka because I really want to get drunk tonight and I know that after two of these and that whiskey, I will be done for the night. I can handle my alcohol, I've been drinking pretty much since I was sixteen. I regret doing that, but now I can't stop. Being 23 and in psychology college can be a bit too much sometimes and I'm really happy that I have Sarah and Jules to help me out. I'd be completely lost without them.

We go straight to the dance floor that is in the middle of the room, sweaty bodies being pressed against mine. I always loved going to the club and just dancing the stress and emotions away. The fear of acknowledging them is too much for me to handle because I can't "live in the moment". I always have to overthink everything and care too much, only to get my heart broken by a piece of shit...but tonight is about me and partying. No toxic masculinity.

I close my eyes and start dancing ma worries away, swinging my hips in the rhythm of the music, trying to focus on the rapid beat of my heart that matches the music. I feel alive and free right now, just enjoying myself with my best friends. My mind is blank and all I can focus on is the music.

That feeling suddenly doesn't last long enough because suddenly, I feel watched. Stopping my movements, I slowly turn around and begin to look through the room, my breath hitching in my throat when I make eye contact with a pare of green eyes. He is standing at the back of the club, eyeing my up and down.

I have to squint my eyes so I can completely see the beautiful man that is standing in the shadows, watching my every move. His gaze is so intense, making it hard for me to take my eyes off of him. He has dark-brown hair that falls into defined curls, almost touching his shoulders his hand going through his hair while still locking his eyes with mine.

His tall figure is leaning against the wall with a drink in his hand and one arm across his chest, gripping one of his broad shoulders. I study his face and my gaze falls on his plump, rosy lips that form into a devilish smirk, making my insides tingle. His jawline is clenched while he chews on his gum, and I swear to god, no on made chewing gum look hotter. I can see some tattoos on his forearms, where his black shirt is rolled up to his elbows, the black ink mixed with his slightly tanned skin made me almost drop my glass.