Chapter 4

Excuse me...make him what now?

This isn't happening right now. Sarah can't be serious. Make Harry Styles, fall in love with me?In three months? She was funny. Really funny.

I just look at Sarah in pure surprise and shock for a second before I burst out into a wave of laughter, holding a hand on my stomach and tilting my head back. This is a joke. She is joking. Make him fall in love with me? I want to give her a good shake and tell her to wake up, we aren't in a bad teen rom-com movie or a book. That doesn't happen in real life.

I look over at Sarah and Jules, both staring at me in confusion as if they don't  know why I am laughing. Wait...why are they not laughing?

"C'mon Sarah...you can't be serious right now.", I say through my nervous laughter, making her furrow her brows and cross her arms in front of her chest while Jules lifts an eyebrow at me as if saying 'test me bitch, see how serious we really are'. Holy shit, they are serious.

I suddenly stop laughing completely, looking at both of them in disbelief. They are really going to place a bet with me on this one? On making the famous 'i don't do relationships, I just fuck, hard'  type of Christian Grey dude from highschool to fall in love with me?

They truly are crazy. I thought that when I saw Sarah with that vacuum sucking on her neck or Jules falling from the air vents at a party because Sarah didn't let her know where she was...that that was it. They couldn't do crazier than that. Well, apparently I was wrong.

I stiffen in my place, going completely rigid at Sarah's words. She really wants me, Gray Sullivan, to make Harry Styles fall in love with me? That's not gonna happen. A guy like him could never fall for a girl like me. It's just the law.

"Oh, but we are serious. Gray, come on. Why not? It could be fun. Make him fall in love with you...in three months.", Jules proceeds to support Sarah's idea and add a time limit on it, making me lift my brows at them. Well, I at least know how crazy and supportive of a girlfriend she is. Good for you, now don't do it again.

Three months? They are mental. It takes a man eighty-eight days to fall in love, okay, but that does not mean that he will fall in love with me in ninety. And I will not invest time and effort in something like this again for a long time. This is not happening.

"Why not? Why fucking not? I can tell you so many reasons as for why not. And it wouldn't be fun. What sounds fun to you? Doing everything in my power to make him fall in love with me? Dedicating my time to another person again? Hell no. You said be a hoe, that's what I wanna be.", I tell them in a serious tone, so they can't see how insecure and scared i feel about this.

The idea if someone falling in love with me ever again was complete and utter bullshit in my eyes. Travis had two years to fall in love with me. I dedicated and gave myself completely to him for two years, for him to only cheat on me. I am never going through that again. The dedication and the support...all that crap so I could be hurt again. And I have three months to do so? That's impossible.

"Look, Gray, I know that after Travis you want to get the 'full hoe package deal', but you have to put yourself out there again. It's been a month, Gray. You are allowed to try again. And if a stupid bet between friends will make you open yourself up more...that so be it. Now, don't be a pussy, Gray.", Sarah continues to argue with me, her last words meant to be a joke but I know she was in fact challenging me. She is in for a surprise then.

"What's in for me?", I ask Sarah who smiles eagerly at me, seeing that I don't refuse her bet. She is right, it is just a stupid bet between friends and I can get myself out there more. What's the worst that could happen?