Chapter 9: "Me and my baby girl."

Olivia's POV

I got home of work tired as hell. I jumped on my bed in my PJs and groaned. I closed my eye thinking about everything that happened with me Zane yesterday. I felt very comfortable around him. It sounds like I'm inlove. Well good thing cause I'm not inlove.

I woke up nine am in the morning. I got up and started to ready my self for work. I went downstairs and saw Abby dancing while cooking. Weird.

"Morning."

"Morning Olivia." Abby said with a wide smile on her face.

"What's with the smile in this lovely time?" I said with a smirk.

"Oh nothing." Girl really.

"Come on, I know something's up. Now spill the deets." She laughed and started blushing. Ooo, someone's inlove.

"I'm hanging out with an old school mate of mine." She giggled. Abby isn't really old. She just thirty two years old. She looked good for her age trust me.

"Oo... someone's quite happy?" I smiled and cocked an eyebrow up.

"Whatever but since your up, I'm going to get ready. " she ran up stairs so fast that i didn't see when pasted me. I shook my head and poured out a cup of coffee.

"Morning mommy." I looked around and saw my little girl yawning and rubbing her eyes. She looked up and smiled. I chuckled and took her up in my other arm.

"Morning Cupcake, you ok?"

"Yeah, sorry I overslept."

"Its ok, but since your not going to school, wanna come to work with me?"

"Yeah! I can get to see Zane again!" Latoya what did you do to my child?

"Okay, go get ready." I placed her down and she ran up to her room to get ready. I took a sip of my coffee and chocked.

"Damn this is so fresh and bitter...Whatever. " I left the kitchen and sat down in the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we got there, she saw Latoya and ran to her.

"Latoya!" She looked up and smiled at her.

"Hey kiddo, aren't you supposed to be at school?" She lifted her up.

"I overslept." Latoya high fives her and laughed. She placed her down and walked back to her office.

"Mommy can we see your boyfriend now?" What the heck?! He not my boyfriend.

"Olive don't say that." Giggled and walked with me to Zane's office.

As we got there she ran and held the door nob.

"Olive wait! We must knock first!" Put she didn't listen and ran in his office.

"ZANE!!" Dammit. He jumped up of the chair in shock.

"What the hell?!" Olive ran and hugged his leg.

"Olive what are you doing here?" He smiled and took her up.

"Mommy took me here because Abby is going on a date and I overslept." Wow you are so proud of your self to miss school.

"Really that's cool." What?! How is missing school cool?

"Morning Olivia." He smiled when he looked at me.

"Morning Zane."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I got an idea mommy." She jumped up of the floor.

"What's that sweety?" I looked from my papers.

"What if we keep a pool party at home?"

"Lemme guess Latoya gave you that idea?"

"Yep." She said popping the 'P'. I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"I'll think about it." I think Zane is getting off on me with the ruffling of hairs.

"Hi Zane!" I looked up and saw Zane with a popsicle in his hand.

"Hi Olive, here's a strawberry popsicle,. I bought it for you." Her lit up and took the popsicle.

"Thanks daddy." What!? Zane ran his hand in his hair and blushed. Shit!

"Um.." that's all I could say. He got and bit his lip. Please don't do that?

"Well that was awkward." He chuckled.

"Yeah." I avoided his eyes cause I was blushing like crazy. We were silent for awhile before he finally talked.

"Anyways I just came to check up on the both of you but I have to go. I'll see you later."

"Yeah." He left my office and I groaned. Why Olive just why?

"Mommy?" I sighed and got up.

"Yes Olive."

"Will I ever have a daddy again?" I stopped walking and looked at her.

"W-what kind of question is that?" She got up and kept her head down while holding her dress. She does this anytime she's nervous or sad. And by the looks of it she's sad.

"Well I know my real daddy is gone and I'll never see him again. I want to have another. I want tou to be happy again." I looked at her long enough to see that she really meant it.
I walked towards her and hugged her.

"Don't worry Olive. I can't tell you when that will happen but no matter what happens, I'll always be by your side. And even if you don't get another daddy,  I'll always be happy when I'm with you."

"Promise?" She looked up.

"I promise." I smiled at her ruffled her hair. Dammit Zane.

"So, you hungry?"

"Yeah, can I get a sandwich?"

"Okay, let's go." I held her and and went to the cafe next door.

"Hi there can I have a two chicken sandwiches, a orange juice and some coffee?"

"Sure." We sat on the bar stools and waited. I watched as Olive sang her nursery rhymes until the clerk came with our food.

"Here you go ladies." He smiled and winked at me. What the heck?!

"Thanks." I said wondering what the heck he's doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got home a little later than before. I tucked in Olive and went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I thought about what Olive asked me  earlier. For a five year old, she surprised me.

Olive is everything to me. When I'm stressed out sometime, she oftentimes come and hugs me. I love her more than anything and anyone. No one could replace her and that's a good thing. She deserves to be happy.

Even without a father...she still remains the same.

My little Baby girl...Olive.