Don't Forget: Chapter 10 Deleted Scene

This is the original beginning of chapter 10 that I ended up hating. I don't know how much of a difference I made when I rewrote it but at least I finished it. This chapter took forever to write because there were so many things I needed to include and piece together in a coherent way and I'm actually really proud of the ending especially. It was hard to write, but I think it's kinda beautiful in a way. That's horrible to say but please read the actual story on my profile if you haven't yet.

~//~//~//~//~//~//~

The next night, Wilmer took me out on a proper date and I wore the second dress I had briefly thought about wearing to his party.

Once I put it on, I realized how similar it was to the other one, but the sparkles were in a diamond pattern, so I didn't think it would be an issue. It was just a dress, after all, and one I finally felt comfortable enough to wear on a date.

Taylee had called a few times and texted more time than I could count, but I didn't answer often and kept conversations short

Taylee had called a few times and texted more time than I could count, but I didn't answer often and kept conversations short. I was trying to be happy, and even though she didn't talk about Sterling much, I didn't want to risk it. We had a long conversation—around 30 minutes—about my struggles and I finally admitted I had lied but that I was getting help and had made an appointment to see a therapist.

It felt weird only talking about myself, and I had wanted to ask more about New York and how she was liking it, but I still couldn't get her and Sterling being happy together out of my mind.

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place—wanting to be friends with Taylee, but hurting myself by continuing to do so.

I didn't know how therapy would go, but that was one of the first things I wanted to talk about.

Wilmer picked me up in a sleek black limo and all he told me beforehand was that we were going to a restaurant that he was sure I would love.

But I was currently pouting, looking out the window at what he said when he saw me after I opened the door. I grinned up at him, seeing his reaction to my dress, but he didn't look the way I expected him to.

"Do I look okay?" I asked, my smile falling into a frown as I looked down at myself.

"No, I mean, you do. But why are you wearing the same dress?"

My mouth dropped open in a little o. "It's not the same."

He held his hands up defensively. "Okay, sorry."