unspoken promises

I love how even though this is supposed to be centered around everyone, I still somehow manage to make Shu the main character lol

"Ah, just in time! Shuhua, you may sit next to Soojin." A man announced, as Tzuyu and Shuhua walked back into the room, sitting at their respective spots at the dining room table.

"Where did you two go?" Soojin asked, bitterness lacing her words.

"She needed to tell me something, that's all. I'm not sure where she took me, honestly." Shuhua lied, feeling guilty as she did so.

She didn't want to lie to Soojin, but she didn't want to tell anyone without finding the truth out first. Soojin already had enough on her plate as a Princess anyways.

"Why is that seat empty?" Shuhua asked, changing the subject, which seemed to work, as Soojin was no longer visibly distressed.

"That's for my mother, the Queen of Hell." Soojin answered, and Shuhua could feel herself fidget in her seat a little.

She wasn't looking forward to meeting Soojin's parents under these circumstances.

"Ah, you've arrived, Queen Taeyeon!" The members of the counsel clapped, bowing one by one as Taeyeon arrived at her seat, which was directly next to Soojin.

"Hi mom." Soojin spoke softly, as her mother smiled at her, her eyes widening slightly when she looked at the girl next to her daughter.

"Shuhua." She mumbled under her breath, and Soojin didn't hear it, but Shuhua did.

"She looks so familiar, too. Why does she know my name already? Soojin didn't even introduce me yet!" Shuhua panicked slightly, but relaxed as Soojin grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly.

"This is Yeh Shuhua, my girlfriend, and one half of the recruited team." Soojin spoke shyly, as Shuhua smiled, hearing the words used to describe her.

"Is she trying to kill me or something?" Shuhua thought, as her heart sped up.

"Pleased to meet you then, Shuhua." Taeyeon shook Shuhua's hand, as Soojin smiled.

"I'm assuming you must be Yuqi, right? Shuhua's bestfriend." Taeyeon shook hands with Yuqi, who looked awed at meeting a certified Queen.

"Shall we start, then?" Taeyeon said to all of the counsel members who cheered.

"Will this end already? I just want to cuddle with Jin Jin." Shuhua huffed out, as she could feel her hand burning again, trying her hardest to ignore it.

A random guy was talking about Hell's economy, something that didn't involve Shuhua whatsoever. She started to daydream a little, until she caught a shadow lurking in the darkness, the outer rim of the room that lacked bright lights.

"Missed me?" A voice boomed in Shuhua's head, as she looked around slightly, trying to see if anyone else heard it.

"You're the only one who can hear me, honey. Thanks to my precious mark." The voice laughed, and Shuhua immediately knew who it was.

"You weren't kidding when you said that I would see you again huh?" Shuhua mocked him, earning a guttural laugh.

"I like your personality, young one. He replied, as Shuhua scoffed, covering it up with a light cough, as Soojin looked at her momentarily, before focusing back on her mother.

"Can you stop bothering me? Please?" Shuhua begged slightly, she was getting annoyed already.

"Sorry, babe. That's not part of my agreement. Tae answered, while Shuhua furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"Agreement? With who?" Shuhua asked, and the next answer would be one she never expected.

"Yeh Tian, who else?" Tae revealed, and Shuhua could feel her headache get worse, as pain pulsed through her brain.

"My mother? How do you know her? She's in Heaven, and you're down here!" Shuhua angrily replied, as Tae's mocking laughter got louder in her ears.

"I have to go now, darling. You'll figure it out soon, don't worry. You still have a week and a half." KT finished, as Shuhua sighed, closing her eyes for a second.

"He knows about the prophecy? What in the world is happening? Shuhua asked herself, but snapped back into reality as she heard her name being called, by none other than Soojin's mother.

"You two must be confused on why you're here, right?" Taeyeon asked Yuqi and Shuhua, who both nodded at the same time.

"Can you two follow me into my office, if that's alright? Taeyeon asked, as the two girls nodded, getting up to follow her along with Soojin.

"I apologize for the confusion and such, but this isn't news that the rest of the counsel is ready to hear yet; everyone would get into a frenzy, and we can't have that." Taeyeon said, sitting in her comfortable chair, while facing the three.

"If I may ask, does this have something to do with Hell studies?" Yuqi asked, her voice cracking a little from the nervousness.

"None of that sort. You two have known a fallen angel named Minnie, right?" Taeyeon asked, and the two girls nodded.

"Yes, she's been our friend for a long time." Shuhua answered back, as Soojin squeezed her hand.

"The Angelic Counsel is guilty of sending her down here, correct?" Taeyeon tried to confirm, as Yuqi nodded.

"That's what I thought. Heaven wants to send her back up, knowing she survived. They have a connection to her, quite obviously.

However, we won't send her, as she is also half demon and she belongs with us as well. The two realms are stiff right now, and I fear that a great war is coming. One that would end either Heaven or Hell forever." Taeyeon explained, as the three were left with their mouths open.

"Is there any way of stopping this?" Yuqi asked, and Taeyeon nodded.

"There was a great prophecy in the history books that pointed towards two people that would be able to stop the war from happening." Taeyeon answered, as it clicked for Yuqi.

"Are these girls merged in any way?" Shuhua asked, and Taeyeon nodded.

"I've figured it out." Yuqi thought.

"We called you down here, as you two are the closest people of your friend, Minnie. You need to protect her with all of your might, as a storm is most definitely brewing. Protect her for me, will you?" Taeyeon begged, her face suddenly drawing sadness.

Soojin looked at her mom in confusion, as Taeyeon was normally never an emotional person to begin with.

"Something isn't right here." Soojin thought, looking at Shuhua, who's foot tapped on the floor nervously.

"I'll protect everyone if that's the last thing I do." Shuhua said, as Taeyeon smiled.

"That's all that I wanted to discuss, thank you." Taeyeon bid them goodbye, but not before she tapped Shuhua's shoulder, signaling her to come closer.

"It's been a long time, little Shuhua. I'm very happy that you've ended up with my daughter." Taeyeon smiled, as Shuhua stilled, obviously confused.

"Shu? Are you alright?" Soojin ran over to her, as Taeyeon smiled.

"I just bid her goodbye, that's all. Right Shuhua? Taeyeon answered, and Shuhua nodded her head nervously.

"This is too much for me today." Shuhua told herself, as she followed Yuqi, Soyeon, and Soojin out of the building.