Chapter 2

I hear two people talking in the other room as I walk out the shadows and look around. The room I'm in is pretty simple. The walls are yellow and the paint is peeling from old age, the only thing that really stood out was the steal door at the end of the hall. I walk towards the door and I type in the code for it in the hidden panel in the wall, disguised as the wall. Great camouflage, right? Having a technopathic friend has its perks. One of my friends, Raven is a technopathic Fox with muilt-colored neon bright natural highlights in her hair, she was born with them and no matter what she does she can't get rid of them, as if she wants to anyways. My other friend, Tiffany, is a solid black wolf whose eyes seem to look into your soul, with is close but not there yet. She can only read mines and take them over for a short time unless they have powers as well. She gets mad at the fact that she can only read their mind if they have a small power but she can't control their mind. She can't read the minds of people with a lot of power, not political power.

   I open the steal door and see both Tiffany and Raven on their computers,neither if them look up as I walk in, "Well this is a warm welcome." I say with a giggle towards them. They both turn around and smile.

   "Oh hey Star." They both say at the same time, they look at each other and giggle.

   "We have your next target. His name is Kit Myers but we don't really need to kill him. It would just make it easier." Tiffany says, "He'll be at his house all day tomorrow."

   I hear Raven giggle and I look at her, "I think you will like him, Star." She turns the screen towards me and I look at it.

   "Oh..." I feel blood rush to my cheeks as I blush hard. On the screen is a picture of a finely toned snow leopard, the muscles of his arms big but not to where his vains are bulging out. He seems to be about 6 feet 3 Inches tall. He has four long claw like scars on the right side of his face and on that side his eye is red and his other is green. He is wearing black jeans with no shirt, showing his toned upper body off and his "size"is very noticeable in his slightly tight pants.
   "Wow..." I say as I look away from the screen and I hear them both giggle. "Yeah Yeah Yeah, bite me... I'm going ta bed. I'll leave for him tomorrow, good night you guys."

   "Good night, Star." Raven says.

   "Nini, Star." Tiffany say.

   "Night guys." I yawn and walk to the left side of the room and go down the hall, stepping into darkness. I adjust my vision so I can see perfectly and I smile. I walk through a doorway and into a room with plain walls and a large bed, which is occupied by a large dark shape.

   I smile at him, "Hey Ceberrus."

  He stands up on all fours and climbs off the bed. He walks over to me, his neon red eyes glowing softly and he is about the size of a full grown stallion. His pitch black fur goes all the way around has body to his three tails, each tip glowing neon red. I wrap my arms around the neck and he licks my cheek with his neon red tounge.

   I hear a male demonic voice in my head, I'm the only one he talks to, "Star... You did well today." Cerberrus always keeps his eye on me while I am out but he never steps in a fight, on the few times that they happen. He always tells me to trust the shadows and my instinct," But... what have we always said?"

   "A true shadow blends in and is never seen unless he chooses. I'm sorry I was so careless... I'll try not to do it again."

   "That is what you said last time. Leave your body as a shadow as you work, Star."

  I nod my head and he walks around me and nudges me forward with his muzzle, "Now get to bed. You have someone you need ta kill tomorrow." I nod my head and yawn, striping to only my short shorts. On my chest there is a neon pink star and another just above my tail, hence the name Star. It's a nick name really, but I hate my real name so I'm not going to say it. I crawl into the bed and lay my head on the pillow , watching as Ceberrus crawls into bed after me and lays beside me. No he us not my mate, he is more of my father then anything. He raised and trained me to use my powers ever since I was a pup. I'd be lost without him... I'm glad shadows can't die... I think to myself before slowly falling asleep, seeing nothing more the darkness as I sleep the day away...