Chapter 9

I hear a loud knock on the door and I groan, not wanting to get up. Kit groans and removes his arm from under me, "Someone always has to come and ruin it when I'm spooning..." I hear him complain as he walks toward the door.

   I hear a somewhat deep voice coming from the living room and I slowly sit up, stretching. I look put the window and see that it is still dark out. I look at the alarm clock and see that it is one in the morning.

   We are going to get him back today... I jump out of bed as I feel my eyes turn bright yellow. I nearly run towards the door and I open it. I look around, seeing no one so I walk into the dining room. I look around again, my eyes stopping on a kangaroo that had to be at least seven feet, eleven inches tall. The fur leading from the bottom of his muzzle and down into his shirt is red, along with the inside part of his arms and the inside part of his legs. The rest of his fur is jet black. He is wearing black cargo pants and a white shirt under a black dress vest, all of it showing his huge build, his muscles bulging though the sleeves but not so much that his veins are showing. I blush deeply as his piecing green eyes that glow softly meet mine. His tail sways slowly behind him and the thing had to be as tall as me.

   Kit motions me forwards and I walk towards the table, "Pup, this is Mark. Mark this is Star, my pet."

   "You never told me you had a pet." Mark says, his voice deeper then Kit's but not so it echoes though the room.

   "That is because I only got him a few days ago. He was harder then my last one to get." Kit says as he looks at the papers spread out on the table.

   "Oh alright, how so?" Mark says as he leans on the table.

   "He has a power, umm darkness I think..." Kit says without looking up.

   "Oh alright, can I play with him later? Wait... why I'm a asking." He grins at me, making me blush deeply. "Come here and show me what you can do."

   I nod my head shyly and step closer to the table till I'm in front of it. I look at them both, "Its not darkness... I'm a living shadow so I can control the shadows and even talk to them... It's how I get most of the information I need."

   Mark nods his head and looks back down at the papers. "Hey... Shadow... That sounds familiar... Are you by any chance the one the, and I say his name lightly, Lord protecter has a huge bounty on? They don't know his name because well, no one is left over after he attacks. They just know his power. Is that by any chance, you?"

   I giggle and I nod my head, shyly," Yeah I guess that would be me..."

   Mark chuckles and he smiles, "Oh wow. I'm impressed. Johnson would be too to know that someone besides himself is the city's worst enemy."

   My ears go down a bit as I hear him say Johnson's name being said. Mark must have seen it because he tilts his head, "Umm how do you know Johnson anyways..?" Mark asks.

   "Well... He was my mate..." I say as I look at the ground.

   "Oh... Sorry..." Mark looks back at the papers.

   Kit looks up at me and motions me towards him. I walk over towards him and he grabs my arm lightly, pulling me into his lap and he rests his head on my shoulder.

    "Don't worry Star... We will get him back, I promise..." He whispers into my ear. I smile softly and lean back against him, purring softly.