Holy White Chocolate.

"Do you think I have trust issues?!" I exclaim to Jewel as I dramatically fall back on my bed.

It's Tuesday and Melo has completely iced me out. I mean completely iced me out.

He doesn't make eye contact with me. He completely avoided me in the hallway. When gym came he basically knocked me over trying to get past me.

And the worst part is...

It stung. Badly.

"Duzey, I did not bring McDonald's to your house at 9 in the evening for you to make this about you! He's trash, not you." Jewel says as she pops another chicken nugget into her mouth, laying across my bed.

"Girl, if you choke eating and laying down like that, my insurance won't pay for that."

"Sorry. You're right." She says as she sits up near my headboard. "All I'm saying is now you have a great chance to put him and the rest of the Ball clan behind you! Isn't that great? And now you can focus on who really likes and cares for you." She says looking deep into my eyes.

I turn away and pout like a toddler.

My oversized hoodie adding to dramatic effect of course.

"It's not that easy Jewel! My mom practically works for him! What if I blew it? What if she gets fired?! What if he destroys my necklace?! What if we're homeless and I have to sell my ass to some guy on the stree-"

"Woah! Woah! Calm down!" She shouts as my chest tightens and I try to catch my breath. "Deep breath." She says as she breathes in and out with me.

"Hey, look. You're overthinking. It will work itself out. Don't worry!" She says calmly as she wraps her arm around my shoulder. "You know the person I was referring to about the whole liking and caring thing earlier was Brian right?"

"I guess." I say looking down. "You know what though? Yesterday at Starbucks he made me feel really good. He was there. I don't know...but it was nice."

"Mhm." She says with a smirk.

"Oh don't 'mhm' me missy! What's going on with you and Jordan?!" I ask her sternly.

"Umm...not much really. Just a quick fuck, that's about it." She says as she turns towards my television.

Aw.

"Jewel?"

"Hm?"

"Hear me out. I know you're a strong badass woman, but it seems to me like you want more than sex with Jordan."

She pauses and sighs, "Yeah. Maybe so. I've just known him for so long. And like I want to move closer, but I don't know how. Maybe I need to let that go and go find me a football player."

"You know what girl? Same!" I sigh as I fall back onto my pillow.

"Hey, there's the first football game of the season this Friday night! We should go. There's hella parties after and hopefully we could meet someone."

"Mhm, okay I'm down. Now c'mon, it's getting late. Let me walk you to the door."

I let Jewel out and walk back to my bedroom thinking about

*Ring*

*B would like to Facetime..."

"You know you should deem yourself pretty lucky because I hate facetiming." I say to the shirtless boy laying down in his dark room.

"I guess I am lucky." He says cheesing.

"What could you possibly want at this ungodly hour Brian?" I ask sarcastically.