06

The next day, D finds the guy who owned her an apology walks on the same path. Just like yesterday, she follows him and tries to catch up with his speed of walk. This time he is too far from her, which makes her run up to him.

"Hey stop! I got to talk to you." D calls out. Whether he listened or not, she didn't know and if he did, he surely pretended to be unheard. Somehow, she catches his speed and he stops there as he analyzed her panting hard.

"Did you call me?" He asks as if he really didn't hear her. His voice soft like a young scholar or like a King's man who cared about people. D could only see sarcasm in his words.

"Stop pretending to be unheard. I know you heard my first call." D says, gasping for a breath with her voice taking a frequent pause.

"What do you have to say? Don't you see I'm busy?"

D takes a long breathe and says sarcastically, "you really are busy person, aren't you? Let me say this quickly before you start running away from me."

Having heard this, he really starts to run, but D holds him back.

"Wait! I think the King saw me." She utters.

"Ah huh!" He responds.

"But he didn't take me with him. You said, the moment he would see me, he will identify me and take me along. And it didn't happen." She says. A little smile begins to grow up on her face, but before it could completely form a smile, he tells her this.

"That's because, you said you THINK he saw you. You aren't sure whether he saw you or not. He probably didn't see you, that's why you are still left in one piece." He said with a little laugh. He starts to walk forward and D follows him again.

She isn't done speaking yet.

"How do you know all these? Do you see my future?" She asks curiously, but her expression lack it. She looked as if she's frightened of something bad to be heard about her future, if he really did see hers.

"Yes." He responded. "I'm aware of all future events that's going to take place. You will soon see the king." He walks closer to her, so close that he could hear her breathe and pointed onto her eyes and said, "You will end up meeting him in search of someone else. In shortly, you will go after him. So leave this village as soon as you can. Not much time left for you to meet him." He says.

D stares at his pointing finger for a time being until he takes it back.

"I'm not leaving just like that. I have come here with a purpose and I can't back up from it." She says, unaware of spilling out the words that she didn't have to.

He exhales his breathe forcibly and says as he backs up and turns around. "I know that, but you can't risk your life for that. If not now, then you will never get such a good opportunity like this to escape."

D stares at him now until the words formed inside her. "Who are you? You surely aren't an ordinary citizen." She says.

He looks into her eyes and says. "I'm the son of the palace's astrologer, Kim Seok Jin."

D blinks twice.

"You all thought that I'm a psycho and it helped for me to survive for this long." He says.

"You will survive further too." D says.

Seok Jin looks around. He didn't want to expose his identity here, so he starts to walk again.

D didn't stop. She follows him.

"Why are you here then? You should be in the palace." She says.