08

As the King reaches to that spot, D quickly gets up on her feet and runs. The sound of her quick steps and clashing of door against her arms as she rushes out of the door, pulls Yoon Gi's attention and he rushes after her.

The King alerts the guards about her right away making it hardly impossible for anyone to escape. She's quick enough to escape, but sadly, she has no knowledge about the palace and its exit gates. She manages the situation by not being spotted by any of the guards, hide every time she needed to. When she passes one of the corridor, Ho Seok spots her. He could hear the guards rushing and yelling but somewhere inside him, he felt that it's all for Da Won.

He rushes to help her, hold her by her arms and pulls her this way. D abruptly tries to pull herself off, but then realizes that it's Ho Seok.

"I'm sorry!" She apologizes feeling guilty.

"Are you aware of where you are? I have so much to question you, but now we don't have that time. We need to get out of here." He says and tries to drag her along, but she stops him.

"I can't come. I have got to use another exit. Someone is waiting for me there." She says.

"Someone." Ho Seok repeated calmly. "We can't use other exits. The guards would have blocked them by now. We need to use the main entrance. It wouldn't be closed right away. Follow me." He once again tries to pull her along, but she just won't listen.

"I'm sorry Ho Seok. Ji Min is waiting for me in the other exit. I need to go there." She gives the reason and pulls herself off from his grip and runs to the other direction in search of another exit. Ho Seok once again suggests her to choose this way but she doesn't even turn back. Having caring her too much, he too rushes towards the same direction.

As D arrives at the another exit, she finds the guards guarding the gate. She hides and thinks about how she could manage to pass the gate. She couldn't find Ji Min too.

If he was there, he would have hide himself. But the guards would have guarded even if she hadn't caused the problem. At that situation, what would he do? When he said that he will be there at the back exit, he sounded confident, but now she feels it's useless. What if he didn't come that way? The crew is still in here and she's no means late, which means he isn't standing outside waiting for her. For this very moment she feels, she should have listened to Ho Seok. And at the meantime, Ho Seok shows up. 

He covers her mouth and drags her along. She had no idea who it was until they reached a safer place to talk for a moment. He sets her free and she turns towards him quickly.

"Ho Seok?"

He starts to speak in a low voice. "I told you it's not going to work. If you had listened to me already, we would have passed the main exit." He says disappointedly.

"I'm sorry, I thought Ji Min will be waiting there. This was the part of our plan. The guards are still there, which means he isn't outside." She says.

"Who is he? A member of the royal family? Or one of the guards who guard here? A simple person like us cannot trespass this place and if any of the guards finds him standing out, he will be arrested. Why would he think of such things? He must have fooled you. Literally push you into the mouth of death." He gives her his opinion. He gives a pause to the conversation until she accepts the fact  about Ji Min betrayed her.

He then asks, "How is this boy related to you? You don't know anybody here. By chance, is he Da Won's friend?"

D remains silent and looks down in despair. Da Won was right about this. Her hopes die inside this palace and it really did. If I had to do one good thing after stepping to this village is, to listen to Da Won. She had warned and also Seok Jin. Why did I trust Ji Min so blindly?"