Happy Anniversary {A}

"I'll be leaving now," Conan says as he stands up from his chair. "Oh, this early?" Conner asked his brother, Conan nodded and smiled, "it's Gavin's and I Anniversary, I also need to pick up Landon from high school" Conan says as he packs up. Conner smiled sweetly to him and patted his back. "Take you time," Conner says, Conan looked at him and nodded.

Conan exited the police department and walked to his car. Driving to the school, he stopped by to buy flowers for his husband, buying his favorite flowers, dusty pink mum flowers. When he's done, he dove to the school, he got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. "Papa!" he heard Landon's voice called out for him.

"My big boy!" Conan says cheerfully and hugged his young teen. "I made dad a present while in school," Landon says smiling, "hm, I'm sure dad will love it," Conan says to him. They both entered the car and drove to where Gavin was at.

When arriving at the place, Conan held onto his son's hand tightly. Landon looked at him and smiled sadly at him, "it's ok papa, take a deep breath" Landon says. Conan nodded and sucked in a bunch of air and breathed out, "ok, I'm ready" Conan responded and entered the gates holding to his son's hand.

They walked the same route as every week, into arriving Conan smiled sweetly, he sat down on the soft moving grass and patted a place for Landon, Landon quickly sat down and showed Gavin his gift. "Look, dad, in art class I made a sculpture of us, it doesn't really look good, but I tried!" Landon says placing the sculpture on the gravestone.

"Hi honey, I brought your favorite flowers this week," Conan says placing the flowers on the gravestone. Conan felt the gush of wind, the leaves of fall fell to the ground near them, a heart formed as the leaves fell down.

Conan's bottom lip quivered as he bit down to prevent him from crying, but failed, tears came down like a river. "I'm glad you liked the gift dad," Landon says as he fights back tears, "I miss you a lot," Landon says, he shut his eyes, his throat parched.

Conan felt the sweet familiar presence, "Gavin?" he says turning around, he was faced with nothing, although he felt the touch of his husband and comfort. A long silence was then filled with memorial hums of the tender sound of Gavin's, his soft voice as he played the guitar, letting his hand sway on the strings creating music on which he remembers. 

The laughter of his, and giggles whenever Landon makes a joke. His way of pouting or his smiles and congratulations, or the dumb and stupid arguments they have. The late-night talks when they couldn't sleep.  Or when they go out to watch the stars at night while hugging Landon, lots of memories why couldn't forget.  The hugs of the smaller, soft and warm.

After hours of letting Gavin now about what's happened, Landon and Conan walked out of the cemetery, "I'll drive, rest papa" Landon says, Conan nodded and handed him the keys. Through the drive home, they played Gavin's favorite songs, his playlist.

"I'll finish my homework, then we can watch a movie ok?" Landon says to his father, Conan nodded and close the door. Conan looked through his memory and reconstructed a scene, "I'm home" he whispered to himself. A figure appeared from the kitchen, "welcome home honey!" the figure giggles. the figure walked closer to Conan and hugged him, Conan followed and hugged the figure, even if it isn't real.

"Landon is sleeping, let's watch the stars in our patio," the figures say smiling widely, then the figure tiptoed and kiss Conan's forehead, the figure then vanish in the air. His eyes glisten, "I miss you, Gavin, I want to hug you, kiss you, wish it was just a nightmare, my love, my husband, my everything" Conan whispered.

"Happy 18th Anniversary, my love, I love you so much, I'm sorry I didn't come in time"