Chapter 18 // city lights

We got into the plane . Here's our sitting arrangement .
On the first row was :
Me , Charlie , Casey , Dee

The row behind us :
Tom , Barclay , Jake , Chris

The row beside us :
James , Reece

" Oh my gosh , I'm so tired . I had to wake up at 6 am , I mean WE had to wake up at 6 am , " I said yawning .

" You should have slept early the night before . Here's the thing , you rest and I'll wake you up when the food arrives ... It's gonna be 10 hour flight , " he answered me wrapping his hands around my shoulders .

" Yeah okay , thanks , " I said resting my head on his shoulders sooner or later I dozed of.
~~~~~~~
" Erin !! Erin !! " I woke up with Charlie shaking me .

" Yes ... yes .... i'm awake , " I croaked .

"The food is here "

"I'm not hungry ! " I said a little bit annoyed .

" You have to eat something or I'll make you "

" Make me , " I said and closed my eyes again .
A few seconds later , I felt droplets of water on my skin .
I opened my eyes slowly and before I could even open my eyes 'fully' Charlie took a glass of water and splashed it in my face .

" The hell are you doing ?!?! " I exclaimed .

" I had to make you , " He said winking .

" You are gonna die , " I replied as I punched his arm .

" RELATIONSHIP GOALS !!!! " , Casey Shouted . An awkward silence lasted for about a minute .

" I'm just gonna eat my food and pretend I didn't her a crazy man shouting , " avoiding eye contact with Casey then eating my food .

- Charlie's POV -
" Casey , stop it your embarrassing her , " I whispered to Casey .

" No I'm not ! I'm not gonna spend my whole life waiting for you ask Erin to go on a simple date . If you don't ask I'll ask ! " He whisper shouted me .

" Okay ! But how bout' Reece ? He is freaking close to Erin . I can't do this ! " I replied him , still whispering .He shook his head and popped his head over to Erin .

" Hey Erin ! Charlie wanted to ask if - " I cupped my hand over his mouth .

" if you needed anything to drink ? " I said smiling sheepishly at Erin .

" No thanks ... I'm good .... Is everything okay ? " she asked curiously .

"Yeah it is, no worries , " I said faking a laughter .Erin nodded and continued eating her food .

" that was so close ! " I whispered to Casey making sure Erin couldn't hear a single word .

" If you really love her ! You wouldn't care about the consequences you will have to face. You'll have to face it together ! Besides , Reece will understand he is your best buddy , " he reassured me .

" Okay ... I'll ask her myself ! Don't you dare ask her ! " I said .Casey nodded and then started talking to Dee .

-Erina's POV -
I think I slept again after I finished my food because when I woke up my head was on Charlie's lap and his hand wrapped around my shoulders . While Dee and Casey leaned on each other's heads sleeping they looked adorable ! I untangled myself from Charlie's hand and checked that we had about 45 minutes till the plane will be landing. I was beyond excited to start a fresh new life in London . I put on my headphones to listened to some music to help me pass some time .
~~~~~~
* ladies and gentlemen this is the captain speaking we have landed London heathrow airport , please remain seated till it's safe to leave *
That was the captain making the announcement .
"CHARLIE ! " I shook him .

" ERIN ARE YOU OKAY ?! " He suddenly said springing out from his sleep holding on to both of my shoulders .
" Sorry I had a bad dream ," he added embarrassed , trying to wipe his sweat of his forehead .
" No it's okay , " I replied him rubbing the sides of his arms trying my best to calm him down .
He had sweat trickling down onto his face . I wonder what he was dreaming about ....But I had no time to think about it , I then asked Charlie to wake Casey and Dee up .
~~~~~~~
" Wasn't that an eventful flight ? " Charlie asked me and we walked out of the plane .

" yes it sure was ! " I replied him laughing .

" So Umm since you're new here in London .. Would you like me to show you around ? " Charlie asked me .

" Yes he can !! We'll take care of your luggage and you'll meet Dee at your hotel she planned for you to stay in . So you and Charlie go on ! " Casey exclaimed before I could even reply Charlie . I turned to look at Dee and she nodded.

" Okay then , " I shrugged looking at Charlie .
" Let's go then , " he said offering his hand . I took his hand and walked out the airport with him .
" woah ! It's sure cold out here , " I commented . I was just wearing a crop top and a pair of jeans and it's 10 degrees out here. I regretted not bringing a jacket with me .
Charlie removed his coat and attempted to wrap it around me . I tried telling him I was fine but he insisted .
" Charlie ... you didn't have to. How about you ? Aren't you gonna freeze to death , " I said taking the coat off but Charlie placed the coat at where it was before which was , around me . But seriously he didn't have to ! He is gonna freeze any moment .
" I'm gonna be fine " he said giving me a reassuring nod , holding my hand tightly .

" The city lights looks spectacular! " Gazing around at the surroundings . That's when I realised it was around 7 in the evening because I didn't expect for it to be this dark .

" It's not the 'city lights' that lights up the city ,"

" then what lights up the city ? " I asked him .

" The city lightens up when you're around and now that you're around ....there's a reasons or me to smile every single day , " he replied me smiling . It made me turn red just a little ( maybe ) .

He stopped walking . Which made me stop as well . Then he stared at me for a few seconds , leaning closer and closer . I could feel his warm breath against my lips ....
* beep *
I pulled away and checked my phone .

From : Dee 😊
Call me once your done . I'll give you the address to our hotel .

To : Dee 😊
Okay x You spoiled the moment !

" Who's that ? " Charlie asked .
"Dee , " I replied sighing.

"Umm I guess we will head back to our own places , " He said .

" Yeah sure ! " I replied him .

"Bye Erin , I'll text you , " He said letting go of my hand slowly .