Part 8 - Never the same

You knee your mother in the stomach and her grip falls off of you. Instinct kicks in, and you push away from her. Adrenaline helps you to your feet, past your dead father, and out of the door. You run for longer than you thought you would ever be able to do, and realize that you have no where to go. Your mother would be heading to your fathers house to kill the monsters from under the bed. Your father is dead... No one would take you in... 

You're alone.

With this, you begin a life on the run. It's a struggle, but you make it far enough away that you never again run into your mother. You find people to help you get to be an adult, five years of hiding and secrecy. Your 18th birthday is not much of a celebration, but it was a day to celebrate. After the gathering that everyone else deems a party, you are walking back to your shelter when some voices catch your ear.

Not able to help yourself, you go towards the sound. Under a bush, you find a trio of the monsters from under the bed that started this whole mess. Besides everything that has happened to you, you feel empathy to these creatures who are being killed by madmen like your own mother. You bring them home with you, and being a prosperous life of protecting the monsters. They were under your protection and you would never let someone harm them.