Stay The Night

Gennie

My alarm went off with a quirky noise from the LED digital alarm clock on my bedside table.

I stirred and lazily stretched, sleepily snoozing the alarm. Fuck! I was so tired! My phone vibrated and I took it off the nightstand. Without looking at the caller ID, I answered.

"Hello!" My voice was hoarse. I cleared it.

"Were you sleeping? Are you for real?" Emily's gasped.

I didn't know why I had slept quite often these days! Okay! I knew, the pregnancy thing. Hmm! Taking a rest after work wasn't much of a bad idea.

My eyes squinted at the clock, Eight-fifteen pm. Forty-five more minutes until nine o'clock. My heart raced. Wesley! Wesley's arriving by nine.

"You're supposed to be waiting at the airport by now! He's new here don't make him wait at the airport!" She scolded.

"Please remind me why I went to America in the first place? Remind me how I got into this mess? It's because of you! In my next life, please avoid me!" I threw the covering aside, sitting up.

"You're ever so welcome! Get moving ugly!" She laughed into the phone and hung up.

I dropped my phone on the bed, Went to my closet. I looked exhausted in the mirror, bad idea to appear in front of Wesley looking like shit. Warm water would do the trick, for sure.

I came out of the bathroom wrapped in a white towel, I pulled out some Burberry shorts and a white t-shirt and quickly got dressed.

I brushed my dark hair, leaving it to flow, no! I tied it, took off the rubber band allowing it to flow again. I looked at it for sometimes and decided against it. I tied it to a bun.

I applied a neutral colored lipstick and some eyeliners. I slipped into flat sandals, I had avoided heeled shoes at all cost throughout that week, because my angel inside didn't want to be stressed. I took my purse and some sunglasses.

I noticed I was panicking. Relax girl! Relax! It's not like it's anything romantic, it's just driving him to the hotel then you come back! As simple as that!

Driving Wesley wasn't going to be anything near simple. I could feel it in my thumping heart.

I gave Myself one final look in the mirror, I was satisfied with my look. Ohh! Some earrings! I searched in my trinket box, taking out a pair of round earrings, they were just perfect to complete the look. Dropping my purse, I wore the earrings.

There was a knock on my door. I went motionless, my forehead furrowed, who could it be? Emily was out of town, and Mom wouldn't visit without notice, neither anyone from the office.

I took my keys and purse and went towards the door. I was frozen when he smiled at me! WTAF!

"Surprised to see me?" Harold chuckled, running his eyes up and down my body. "You going on a date or something? You never looked this beautiful for me! So why now?"

"Harold you're not supposed to be here! I'm late, I need to go somewhere!"

"Who is he?" His face tightened up in rage.

"Please step aside I need to lock my door!" I hissed.

"You can't leave me to see another man! Who is he? How much is he worth?"

My phone buzzed, I prayed it wasn't Wesley. When I looked at it, it was Emily. Fuck! She should give it a break!

I answered.

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way there!"

"I know how you could be, I bet you haven't left the house yet!"