Black is Superior

I just looked down and chuckled.

I didn't like the fact that I seriously thought about me and Rowanda getting married. That's dumb, that's stupid.

Yea, we're cool, but I'd still never date her. I'm done being mean to her because of the color of her skin. But I'm not changing the type of girls I date or like. I can't imagine myself with a black girl. A black girl with a dark shade like me. I mean, I just thought about being with Rowanda, but I would never actually come through with that. It's just not me.

But of course I didn't say that to my mom. I'd rather let her have her moment, believing I'm into a black girl. Because once I get another white girl girlfriend in the future, she'll still believe, 'I love my black queens, but I'm just with a white girl.' I want her to think I'd date one without a doubt, even though I'd never.

Same with my dad.

"You ok though? You kinda look like you just threw up."

She asks me.

"I didn't throw up, but my head is killing me."

I told her as I held my forehead. My head was pounding since I threw up. I guess this is my hangover.

"Oh my. Come here, let me feel your head."

I came a little closer and bent down some so she could get a better reach. She felt my forehead.

"Damn boy, your forehead is heated. Go get some of that fever medicine in the pantry downstairs."

"Ok."

I did as she said and went to get the medicine. On my way back up to my room, I stop by Bryce's room to see if he woke up yet. I opened his door slightly and peaked my head through. I saw him laying under his covers on his phone.

"Yo!"

I call out, wanting his attention. He snapped his head up at me, startled.

"Yo."

He said back, blankly staring at me. I completely opened his door. Once I was inside his room, I closed his door and walked over to him. He sat up as I sat beside him.

"You know what happened last night?"

I ask him. He bit his lip and stared at me.

"What? What happened?"

He broke his stare from me and looked down.

"I-Rowanda, your friend, said you were drunk. Cause I came into your room, and you was like..passed out, on the floor, naked."

"Did I have the blanket on the whole time? Was I just on the floor naked with no blanket?"

I asked him eagerly, about to be embarrassed if Rowanda saw me in my underwear.

"No you had a blanket on the whole time. She said you were already on the floor like that when she came back in after I gave her a hair tie."

All of my anxiety dropped, and I let out a breathe of relief. But then I realized my 13 year old little brother had seen me drunk, and wasted.

"Oh, my bad bro. I ain't mean for you to see me like that. I was trippin' last night, my fault man."

I apologize. He looked down at his hands.

"So...what? You drink alcohol?"

"No, no." I shake my head. "I mean I did last night, but that was my first time. I never did it before."

"But you're 17, isn't that too young?"

He looked up at me with such a disappointed kid look.

Don't look at me like that.