10

Lauren

I hear Pink make the call as I take Camila's  face in my hands and gently kiss her lips. She opens for me, and I slip my tongue inside. As I taste her sweet warmth, I want to deepen the kiss and take her to the ground, but I hear a throat clearing and I remember we aren't alone.

"They'll be here in three minutes," Pink says as I pull back from Camila's  lips.

She's smiling so big that I can't help but match it. Leaning down, I give her one more quick kiss before I turn, going to the bedroom and pulling on some boots. Once I'm dressed, I head back out to the kitchen to see Camila and Elle sitting at the counter and Pink standing on the other side, staring directly at Elle, nearly burning a hole into her.

"Everything okay?" He looks up at me, shaking off the trance, and pushes away from the counter.

I hear a knock and check the security camera next to the door, seeing two of our men outside.

Nodding to Pink, I lean over and kiss Camila on the forehead one last time. I can't seem to keep my hands off her, and even now, knowing she won't be in my sight makes me itchy to hurry this up and get back to her. It's a feeling I'm not used to, having always liked being alone.

Pink passes by me with a wicked look on his face. He walks over to where Elle is sitting, and before she can protest, he scoops her up out of her stool, dips her back dramatically like something from an old movie, and plants a kiss right on her lips.

I bite my lip to hold in the laugh, and I look at Camila  who is doing the same.

After a moment, he breaks the kiss, sets her back down on the stool, and walks away.

"Asshole," Elle mumbles as she touches her lips, and her cheeks turn bright red.

"As much as you keep mentioning your ass, Prinzessin, I can see that's going to need attention first," Pink says, not looking back as he walks out the door.

I look over to see Elle's mouth drop open and her cheeks burn even brighter, so I leave her and a laughing Camila alone in the apartment. When we get outside, I talk to my guys posted outside as a precaution, then Pink and I head to my truck.

"You sure you want to keep digging that grave?" I ask, looking over as Pink gets in the truck.

"As long as I end up buried inside her, I'm good."

He doesn't smile as he says it. The look on his face is serious. I just shake my head and start the truck, pulling out of the parking garage. I don't think I've ever seen Pink go at a woman like that before. He tends to be the one pushing them away. When I go over to his family's house for the holidays, his sisters' friends swarm him, and he's always, always trying to dodge them. It's new to watch him chasing one. Well, maybe chasing isn't the right word. It's more like he's planted himself.

"So you're engaged?" His question doesn't contain a trace of mockery. It comes out as an honest question, and I give him an honest answer.

"Yes."

There's not a second of hesitation in my answer. And not a single trace of doubt.

"Just like that?" he asks, and I hear the other questions that come along with that one.

"Yes," I answer, not ready to go into it with him. There's only one person I want to discuss this with and that's Camila. It's nobody's business but hers and mine. She took me off guard so easily. She just threw getting married out there, and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm taking what she's giving me. Was it quick? Fuck yeah, but I don't care. We'll have the rest of our lives to sink into each other, and I just fucking know, gut instinct, that she's meant to be mine. And that instinct has kept me alive and has yet to steer me wrong. There's just something about her that fits me.