when it's over [noren]

And I know, That I'll be alright, But I don't wanna be there when it's over, Don't wanna be there when it's over...

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Renjun is leaving town, he's leaving Jeno, his first and only boyfriend. Jeno's slowly breaking as the boy he's loved for years moves away. What Jeno doesn't know is that Renjun's dying. He leaves town to get treatment, but when nothing helps him and his final days are slow to approach, he comes back...

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

i might upload a longer version of this on ao3,
you can find the acct name in every chapter of this book really
[me and my friend decided we would share it]

[t/w; death, depression, smut...]
[wc; 2760]

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"I'm leaving town tomorrow," Renjun said as they left the ice cream place, "I don't know if I'll be coming back anytime soon, and I want you to know that if you don't wanna do this anymore, then we can break it off," he said sadly looking down at his feet as they walked. 

"Where are you going, "Jeno asked looking at the smaller out of the corner of his eye. 

"Back home, to China, someone in my family's sick, and I've- I've been feeling homesick I guess, "Renjun replied, "but know I do plan on coming back," he said.

Renjun reached out and grabbed Jeno's hand, pushing the intertwined hands into the younger's sweatshirt pocket. The lights lining the side of the road twinkling, a festival having just happened on this road, so the fairy lights hung from each lamp post, the old ones. The buildings next to them as they passed filled with laughter and happy people. On the other side of the road, the walled-in park shone bright, as they hung fairy lights up there too. 

They neared their apartment building, a four-story brick building, with flowers on all the window sills and fairy lights on the canopy that covered the sidewalk in front of the building and the lobby door. 

The doorman opened the door for them as they walked up the canopy into the brightly lit lobby. They waved at the lady behind the marble-topped counter, the white marble with golden veins and fairy lights falling down the front. 

They walk to the elevator and press the button, waiting a few minutes before the door dinged and opened for them. They went up to the top floor, walking down the hall before stopping, Jeno grabbed his golden key from his pocket and unlocked the door. 

He stepped into the still dark house, Renjun passing under the door frame and closing the door behind him. They fell into darkness as the light from the hall no longer spilled into the room. Renjun reached for the light switch and pulled his hand away from Jeno's. He moved near the floor and plugged something in. 

The sparkling lights turned on, that hung on the ceiling. Fairy lights lit the apartment. It was a project from when Jeno first bought the apartment. Renjun technically lives with his parents still, but he spends most of his time in Jeno's apartment. 

Jeno doesn't come over to his house often because of his cat, because he's allergic, even though the younger has cats at his parent's house since he moved out after high school and hardly ever visited because university his allergies are worst. 

Renjun slowly walked over to the couch, sitting down in the 'L' 's corner. Jeno sat next to him, wrapping his arm around the older's shoulder.

"Do you know what they're sick with, "Jeno asked quietly into the older's hair. It's slowly losing its fluff, he can feel it. It seems stiffer, but it still smells like the older.