𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐍𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 stood behind the gas station counter, she was back at work because her illness went away

counter, she was back at work because her illness went away. During the days she was sick Alejandro would facetime her and try and cheer her up, which always worked considering the boy knew how to make a joke. She waited behind the counter of the gas station for her next customer.

She was hoping it wouldn't have to see a creepy truck driver. They always made her uncomfortable.

She sat on her phone trying to find a good playlist to play for the next 4 hours that she was here. She clicked on her favorite playlist and put it on shuffle.

She listened to the music play and it made her relax while looking at her dirty converses, she had never felt this relaxed while working. It was funny to her almost.

But her relaxing moment was soon ruined by the ding of the gas station door.

She looked up from her shoes and was met with a very smiley Alejandro.

"Hi Ale, welcome to Mobile." Nailea smiled, she loved seeing Alejandro. Even if it was only every Saturday.

"Hi gorgeous." The dominican boy smiled as he walked to the candy aisle.

Alejandro looked at all the candy, but he wasn't thinking about what to get. He was thinking about the events that took place before he came here.

His mom had punched him in the eye. He didn't understand why she did it, but boy did it hurt. He remembered her yelling at him then punching him.

He heard his little brother scream as tears filled his eyes. He grabbed his car keys and walked faster than ever out the door, he thought parents were supposed to protect you.

He snapped out of his thoughts and grabbed his two bags of Sour Patch Kids and walked to the counter placing the candy on it.

Nailea scanned the candy, "I'm sure you know the price." She smiled, Alejandro nodded and handed the girl a five dollar bill.

Nailea took the bill and looked at the boy's face, he looked tired and almost drained. His left eye was swollen and shut. Concerned took over her body and she grabbed his change.

"Ale what happened to your eye?" Nailea said, putting the change in the boys hand.

"I-I uh," He stammered for words, "I was wrestling with my little brother and he kicked me in the eye pretty hard."

Nailea nodded, she didn't fully believe him but she didn't want to bug him with questions.

"I'll call you when i get home, yeah?" She said as Alejandro took his candy.

"I'll be waiting gorgeous." He smiled.

My Corner
I'm so sorry for not posting!! I've been super busy but now I have all the time in the world! Expect more updates! xoxo💞