CHAPTER 10

He was taken aback by the sudden kiss but soon welcomed me, and I explored his surprisingly soft lips. Just as my body was getting excited, he stopped to ask, "Are you sure about this?"

Desperate to continue, I nodded and straddled him, kissing him with such intensity as if it could erase everything I felt for Raphael. In return, Sylvester took control and carried me to the bedroom.

"I never thought this day would ever come," he whispered in my ear. I ignored him and brought his lips back to mine. I didn't plan to have any chit-chat; I just needed the release that only sex could provide.

Sylvester seemed to understand my urgency. He laid me gently on the bed, his hands roaming my body with a hunger that matched my own. I pulled him closer, my fingers digging into his back as I tried to lose myself in the moment.

We moved together, a tangle of limbs and desperate touches, both seeking an escape from our respective pains. The passion between us was raw and consuming, a temporary balm for our wounds. His touch was firm yet tender, and I found myself responding to him in ways I hadn’t anticipated.

As we reached the peak of our shared need, all thoughts of Raphael and my troubled past faded away. For that brief time, there was only Sylvester and the raw intensity of our connection.

Afterward, we lay in silence, our breaths mingling as we came down from the high. Sylvester’s arm was draped across my waist, and for a moment, I allowed myself to feel a sense of peace. But I knew it wouldn’t last. This was just a fleeting escape, not a solution to my problems.

I turned to face him, our eyes meeting in a silent understanding. We both knew that this wasn’t the beginning of something new, but rather a temporary reprieve from the chaos of our lives. Without a word, I got up and began to gather my luggage, the reality of our situation settling back in.

Sylvester watched me, a mixture of emotions in his eyes, but he didn’t try to stop me.

The next morning, we loaded our luggage into the car and sat in silence as the chauffeur drove us to Sylvester's jet.

When I got home, my mom and Anita were relieved to see me back in one piece, but as usual, my father was indifferent. I guess now I understand why he hates me.

"Princess, I know you think we're bad parents for letting Sylvester take you out of the country without your permission, but traveling is part of your work responsibilities," my mom said. I nodded, too tired to argue. "I had a long trip, Mom, and I need to rest."

I took Anita's hand and led her to my room. "I'm so sorry for missing your exhibition," I apologized, but she shushed me and asked for details about my trip. Although I didn't want to talk about what happened with Sylvester, Anita was very persuasive.

"Uhmm, it was nothing, just a boring meeting. And we kind of had sex."

"You had sex with the devil?" Anita exclaimed.

"Please be quiet," I shushed her again. If my parents found out, it would be serious trouble.

"Tell me how it happened," she insisted, but I shook my head and changed the subject. "Are you still seeing Christopher?" I asked, and she started giggling. I raised my eyebrow, waiting for her to explain.

"There's not much to say. Just sex."

"Are you sure it's just sex?" I asked. She nodded, although her body language suggested otherwise. I chose to let it slide, but the buzzing of my phone diverted our attention. She quickly took my phone and read the message out loud.

From the devil:
I have your office set up as my new general manager, but I need you to go through some files. I'll bring them over tomorrow by 12pm.

"Seems like he's coming over again tomorrow," she remarked.

I rolled my eyes and took my phone, sending a quick reply.

To the devil:
You can send a soft copy to my email instead of coming in person.

Immediately, my phone buzzed again with another text from Sylvester.

From the devil:
I don't remember asking for alternatives. Expect me by 12pm and have a good night.

I glared at his response before tossing my phone onto the bed.

After a long silence, Anita asked a question that I hadn't expected, "Do you think this sex can lead to something real like love?"

I shook my head and began to undress. "Genuinely, I will be glad if what you have with Christopher becomes something serious. You deserve to fall in love."

I put on my pajamas and climbed onto the bed, tapping the space beside me for her to join before I continued, "He makes you happy, and in this short period that you've known him, you are happier. But when it comes to me and Sylvester, there is nothing leading to anything."

She sighed and joined me on the bed. "What if it happens? There's a very thin line between love and hate," she whispered.

"I will never make myself vulnerable again to be humiliated by a man," I replied firmly.

With that said, I turned on the TV with the remote and tuned into our usual TV show. Anita knew our conversation had ended, so she dropped the topic. We watched the movie in silence until sleep took over.

The sound of footsteps in my room woke me up. I saw Anita preparing to leave. I don’t know how she always feels so energetic every morning. She quickly bid me goodbye and hurriedly rushed back to her house to meet up with her jogging routine. I, on the other hand, was still very tired, so I covered myself with my duvet and tried sleeping again. However, sleep betrayed me, and I had to sit upright.

Slowly, Anita’s words from yesterday started attacking me like a wolf. I took out my diary from my drawer and jotted down my current situation.

Dear Diary,

Today makes it approximately four months and two weeks since Raphael dumped me. No call, no text, and most importantly, no specific reason as to why he humiliated me. Thanks to him, my life has taken a complete turn. I barely sleep, and I’m considering my therapy sessions again. Maybe my therapist will finally help me get over Raphael forever.

I sighed and closed my diary, returning it to my drawer. Then headed to the bathroom to freshen up before going downstairs to face my parents.

My mom gestured for me to join her at the table. "I made coffee."

I accepted the cup and took a sip. "Where's Dad?"

She pointed to his study room and begged me not to make a scene, saying it would only provoke him. I nodded and went to see my father, hoping my apology would improve our relationship.

"Can I come in?"

He pretended not to hear and continued staring at his computer. Without his permission, I entered and went straight to the point. "I'm sorry for everything I did. I should have listened to you when you were against my relationship with Raphael, but from now on, I will be obedient."

He looked at me briefly and then resumed his work on the computer. Impatiently, I asked, "Dad, can you please forgive me?"

"Can you erase the humiliation you brought to this family?" he asked instead. I shook my head.

He continued, "I am very busy right now." Without another word, I turned and walked out of his study room.

kindly vote and comment on this chapter 😊

Thank you!!! 😘