CHAPTER 27

"Do you really forgive me?" Raphael asked. I yawned and nodded. Spending the night in Raphael's family house wasn't planned, but given the circumstances, I had to. "I forgive you," I said loudly, so he knew I meant it. I picked up my bag, which I must have thrown aside while I was asleep on the couch-my stubborn self refusing to sleep in the guest room. I searched my bag and found my phone.

My eyes widened when I saw several missed calls from Sylvester, Anita, my mom, and my dad. I wasn't expecting any calls from my father, especially after I yelled at him before leaving the house. Ignoring all their messages, I dialed my mom's number. She picked up immediately and asked how I was doing. I smiled and told her everything was fine. She mentioned this was the second time Sylvester had reached out to her about my disappearance, but I reassured her that I was fine and would get in touch with him.

I ended the call and sent a quick text to Sylvester, Anita, and my father, letting them know I was fine and safe.

"Breakfast is served," Raphael said, distracting me from my phone. I thanked him but asked if it was possible to see his mother. He shook his head and said she was taken to the hospital very early for her treatment.

I felt bad knowing they were going through this, but before I could say anything, my phone buzzed.

From Anita:

I was so worried, and Sylvester called me, but I didn't tell him where you are. I'm glad you're fine. Call me in the evening, I'm at work now.

I let out a sigh of relief, knowing Sylvester had no idea I was here. But my phone began to ring, and when I saw the caller ID, my heart raced faster. I grabbed my bag and bid Raphael goodbye, but he insisted I have breakfast. So I excused myself to take the call, as Sylvester wouldn't stop calling.

"Where are you?" His authoritative voice sent a shiver down my spine.

"I'm sorry, I won't make it to work today, but I'll be present for the inauguration tomorrow," I replied. He was quiet on the other end. I bit my lip, waiting impatiently for him to speak, and when he did, I felt myself relax.

"You've been skipping work these days," he said, concern evident in his low voice. I apologized and promised it wouldn't happen again before ending the call.

Raphael cleared his throat and reminded me about breakfast. I smiled and followed him.

"So Sylvester, are you officially in a relationship with him or is it nothing?" he asked as he kept staring at the food he barely touched, while I have cleared my plate. I shrugged and stood up, ready to leave as I wasn't sure I wanted to have a conversation about my affair with Sylvester with my ex fiance. Understanding that I wasn't going to discuss it, he stood and escorted me to my car. "She will get better" I said and embraced him.

I got home feeling exhausted, still trying to process all the new information I had received. I couldn't hate Raphael anymore, even if I wanted to. I quickly freshened up, switched on my laptop, and focused on my work from home. Having been in constant conversations with the event planners throughout yesterday, I barely got any sleep. I quickly reached out to the stylist Anita recommended, sending the location of the event, as I would have to dress there.

As soon as I got to the event center, I was marvelled. Perfect was an understatement. The chandeliers were extremely gorgeous, casting a purple light that illuminated the hall. The bouquet of flowers was beautiful, with all colors represented and placed at every corner of the hall. The waiters were dressed in white and black. The tables and chairs were decorated in white and purple. I really didn't understand Sylvester's obsession with the color purple.

"Excuse me, ma'am, this came for you," a delivery man said to me, carrying a big package. In confusion, I asked, "Who sent this?"

He didn't answer my question, only telling me to sign. I did and carried the package to the room where my stylist was waiting for me. "Can we get started on dressing you, Ms. Allen?" the stylist asked, and I nodded.

After spending almost an hour in the dressing room, I was finally free to join the party. I posed for different pictures and videos before heading out. Just when I thought the photos were over, the blinding lights from the paparazzi almost knocked me out. I can never get used to events like this. I noticed Michael, looking so hot in his shiny black Armani suit, taking pictures, so I quickly joined and posed for the paparazzi.

"Regina, you look so gorgeous in purple," Michael whispered in my ear, and my cheeks turned red. "You don't look bad yourself," I replied.

After taking pictures, we went inside the hall side by side. "My fiancée gave birth to a baby girl three days ago," he said suddenly.

My eyes widened, and I smiled. "That is so lovely."

He blushed and apologized for not informing me sooner about the birth of his first child. I took two glasses of white wine from a passing waiter and gave Michael one. "I forgive you," I said, sipping the liquor. Looks like my forgiveness is what people seek these days.

On cue, Sylvester walked in looking dashing hot in a striped suit and black shirt. Michael noticed my attention was divided and said, "Looks like it's time for me to go." I pouted and nodded as he planted a soft kiss on my cheek and left.

Sylvester winked and walked toward me. "Your dress looks gorgeous," he commented with a laugh. I glared at him, knowing fully well that he was the one who sent the package. However, we were interrupted by a very beautiful lady who was definitely a model.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we haven't officially met. I'm Liliana," she said, stretching her hand for a handshake. At first, I didn't want to accept her nice gesture, especially after it dawned on me that she was Sylvester's ex-girlfriend who left him to pursue her career, and he has her name permanently tattooed on his skin.

"Regina Allen," I said, accepting her handshake.

For the first time, I was grateful my father came to interrupt because it was becoming awkward having a conversation with Sylvester and his ex. "I need to speak with my daughter," he said.

Without approval, my father held my wrist and dragged me to a corner. "Have you spoken to your mother to change her mind about the divorce?" he asked. Only then did I notice the dark circles around his eyes. It was obvious that he hadn't been sleeping well. Impatiently, he repeated, "Your mother cannot follow through with the divorce. I wasn't unfaithful, so I need you to help me."

I took pity on him and said, "She wants to see you tomorrow at 8:30am at her usual restaurant." He was surprised that I had kept this information from him until now, but he didn't judge me for it, hopefully reconsidering her decision.

"Thank you," he said and left. I don't know if there will ever be a day when my father and I have a better relationship.

I sighed and sipped my liquor again. However, my moment of peace was ruined when Patricia came to stand beside me. "I saw that you have met the queen of Sylvester's heart. Liliana, his girlfriend," she said bitterly.

I chuckled and replied, "At least you admit that he doesn't love you even though you are the mother of his child."

She became furious and grabbed a drink from a nearby waiter's tray. I reminded her about her pregnancy, but she glared at me, drank it all, and stomped off. I finished my own drink and placed the glass on another waiter's tray before heading back to my table. The tension from the recent confrontations and revelations weighed heavily on me, but I tried to focus on the event.

kindly vote and comment on this chapter 😊

Thank you!!! 😘