CHAPTER 24

I sent him the address and sat down at the bar, ordering a drink to calm my nerves. As I waited for Sylvester, I tried to process everything that had happened. My father's betrayal, Raphael's reappearance, and the complicated mess of my emotions. It felt like too much to handle all at once.

When Sylvester arrived, he found me nursing my drink, lost in thought. He sat down next to me, his presence immediately comforting.

"Regina," he said softly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Let's get you out of here."

I nodded, grateful for his support, and let him lead me out of the bar. As we walked to his car, I felt a small sense of relief knowing I wasn't alone in this chaos.

Waking up to Sylvester by my side made me feel better and safe. However, I couldn't pretend like things were fine between us because he is expecting a child with Patricia, and I don't want to be caught in the middle of that drama.

"Good morning," he smiled, but I got up and carried my bag.

"I know that I am the last person you want to confide in, but Anita told me that your ex is back," he said as he stood up, revealing his naked chest. I swallowed hard and tried not to get distracted, but it was an impossible task.

"Uh, yes, Raphael is around, but I don't know why," I rubbed my eyes and tried to get my mind straight. But when I opened my eyes, Sylvester was right in front of me. I could barely breathe, his cologne making it more difficult. "And you want him?" he asked.

I looked into his eyes, feeling the weight of his question. "I don't know," I whispered. "Everything is so messed up right now. My family is falling apart, Raphael is back, and I don't know who to trust anymore."

He reached out and gently touched my arm. "Regina, you don't have to go through this alone. I'm here for you, even if things are complicated between us."

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my emotions. "It's just... you're expecting a child with Patricia. I don't want to be a part of that drama."

Sylvester's expression softened. "I understand. But that doesn't change how I feel about you. We can figure this out together, if you'll let me."

I wanted to believe him, but the uncertainty of our situation made it hard. "I need some time to think," I said, stepping back from him.

He nodded, respecting my need for space. "Take all the time you need. Just know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

With that, I gathered my things and left, feeling more confused than ever. As I walked away, I couldn't help but wonder if there was any way to untangle the mess my life had become.

On getting home, I took a quick shower and dressed up for work. I sent a quick message to my mom, letting her know I was still alive and safe. However, upon arriving at my office, a massive workload stared back at me. I buried myself in work and coffee, but Sylvester's effect still consumed me, as his earlier words lingered in my heart.

Time passed, and it was already late. I was not ready to see or speak with my father, and since I still had some work to do, I continued.

"It's late. You should go home," Sylvester's thick voice illuminated the office, and for a moment, I felt my heart jolt.

"I don't want to go home."

He took a few strides to where I was seated. "You can stay at my place."

I shook my head, but my body was saying something different, and I silently prayed he wouldn't notice how badly I had been craving his touch. Unfortunately, my prayers didn't reach heaven.

His fingers came in contact with my hair, tucking the strands behind my ear, and he whispered that he couldn't stop thinking about me. I couldn't focus on my work, so I did the reasonable thing by shutting down my computer. Then I turned to face him.

He smirked, making his lips look more tempting than usual, and without thinking, I lost my self-control and crashed my lips into his. With pleasure, he lifted me and placed me on the desk, hungrily kissing me everywhere and making me giggle.

"We should go home," I said, so we wouldn't scatter my office, and thankfully he agreed.

We walked hand in hand, passing by Patricia's empty seat—she had already gone home. However, the elevator opened before we got there, revealing Raphael in a black Armani suit.

"I am sorry to show up here unannounced. It took a lot of convincing before the security let me in. I need to talk to you, Gina," Raphael said, looking at my interlocked fingers with Sylvester.

"But they still let you in, so they are definitely out of a job," Sylvester said angrily.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"To explain my reasons for walking away on our wedding day," Raphael replied, his eyes pleading for a chance to speak.

I scoffed and said, "You didn't think I deserved an explanation before you dumped my ass. After six months, you show up and are ready to give me an explanation."

He took a step closer, but Sylvester came between us, glaring and daring him to take another step. For the first time, Raphael did the right thing. He stood where he was and spoke, but his words only infuriated me more. "Do you think that replacing me with this heartless, abusive man was a good thing? Because, Gina, he will hurt you more than you can ever imagine."

"Screw you," I snapped, my voice trembling with rage. "You have no right to judge my choices after what you did."

Sylvester's grip on my hand tightened. "You need to leave, Raphael. Now."

Raphael's eyes softened for a moment, and he sighed. "Gina, I never wanted to hurt you. But you deserve to know the truth. Please, just give me a few minutes to explain."

I shook my head, feeling a mix of anger and pain. "I don't want your explanations, Raphael. Just go."

He looked like he wanted to say more but thought better of it. With a final, regretful glance, he turned and walked away, leaving Sylvester and me in the tense silence of the office lobby.

Sylvester pulled me into a tight embrace, whispering, "You don't have to listen to him. You have me, and I won't let anyone hurt you again."

I nodded, tears welling up in my eyes. "Let's just go home."

Together, we walked to the elevator, leaving behind the lingering shadows of past betrayals.

kindly vote and comment on this chapter 😊

Thank you!!! 😘