Chapter 12

TW: Hospitals (idk if I needed to do this but whatever)

Peggy POV

Its been almost a week since Alex was shot.

We went to visit him in the hospital a couple days ago. He is going to be okay but only family can visit him right now, and they are hardly telling us anything.

All this has really taken a toll on John.

He isn't taking care of himself and hardly leaves his dorm room. The only time he does is when we drag him out.

Luckily, Peter, Alex's cousin, has been keeping us updated but John won't listen to us when we try to tell him that.

The hospital is finally letting us visit. John didn't come because he didn't want to see Alex in pain. We told him that we would keep him updated.

Peter brought us all over to the hosiptal and signed us in.

When we got into Alex's room we was hooked up to an IV and a few monitors. He also had a feeding tube down his throat since he was asleep.

"He is going to be okay," Peter whispers. I nod as I try to hold back my tears. Everyone else does the same.

Alex starts stirring and a nurse rushes us out so they can take out the feeding tube. About five minutes later he lets us back in.

"Hheeyy Alex," Peter says quietly. Alex waves.

"Are you feeling okay?" Angie asks.

"Yeah," Alex signs with a shaky hand.

Alex looks around, probably looking for John, and I frown.

"Wheres John?" He asks, tears threaten to spill down his face.

"He... uh..." Laf mutters as he looks for an excuse.

"He didn't want to see you hurt because hes scared that its his fault," Eliza blurts.

"Oh..." Alex signs slowly as he continues to hold back tears. I feel my heart break even more.

We continue talking for a few hours until Alex starts nodding off and the visiting hours come to an end.

"Visiting hours are over," A nurse says as she walking to the room to set Alex. Back up with the feeding tube and pain medication since he just fell back asleep.

We nod and make our way back to the dorms.

Everyone goes back to their dorm except me. I make my way to John and Alex's.

When I get there I notice John sitting by the window and seemingly staring into space. I tap on his shoulder and he looks over to me.

"Hes going to be okay. He was asking about you," I sign.

He sighs, "I'll come tomorrow. I just needed to know he was actually awake before seeing him."

I nod and leave his dorm.

=====

This story might go on an update Hiatus because I don't even have 100 words written for my next chapter. (My chapters tend to be between 400 and 800 words) I've just hit a wall with this story and I want it to be perfect for you guys. I hope you understand.

- Heaven