Chapter 13

John POV

I feel horrible. When Alex was shot I automatically blamed myself so I thought he would do the same. I didn't want to see him because I'm scared that he wants to end our relationship. But I stuck to my word and now I'm in Angelicas car on the way to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, we all got out of the car and headed to the front desk to check ourselves in. They all talked for a minute or so I, being unable to hear them, just waited until my friends started walking towards Alex's room.

When they did I followed close behind as I try to hold back my tears.

When we get to the room my friends push me inside and close the door without walking in themselves. When I look towards the bed I see Alex slowly starting to wake up. The nurse in the room quickly takes the tube down his throat out and leaves the room.

Alex, having fully gained his consciousness, looked over towards me and beamed while making grabby hands.

I walk over and pull him into a tight hug and he quickly returns it and nuzzles his face into my chest.

When we pull away I sign before he can.

"I'm so sorry this is my fault."

"Baby, no it isn't," Alex responds, "I don't blame you at all."

Then he pulls me into another hug and I kiss his forhead. I missed him.

==A Few Weeks Later==

Alex is allowed to leave the hospital today. We all drive down to the hospital to pick him up.

When I get there I walk towards his room not bothering to check in. Alex jumps up and into my arms, nuzzling his face into neck.

I carry Alex back to the reception area of the hospital bridal-style so we can check him out.

When we finish signing the paper work I continue carrying him to the car.

"I can walk John," Alex signs with a smile on his face.

"Hmmm... Nope," I reply as I shake my head, also having a smile on my face. He shrugs and barries his face into my chest.

I set him down in the car and get in next to him. He leans his head on my shoulder as everyone else gets in and Angie gets into the drivers seat and starts the car.

=====

*panic ensues* I don't even have the next chapter started and I feel so bad =(