Chapter 1

I woke up again, feeling the pain all over my body, the strong bleach stench, the monitor beeping, the uncomfortable bed and the wires attached to my body. A freaking hospital! I was in a freaking hospital! Where was Sierra? That voice? Was it a dream? And why couldn't I see? Was I rendered blind? Fear crawled up my spine. Scared of the possibility, I slowly raised my hands towards my eyes. A small hope rose as they were covered in a bandage. Maybe they were just healing and perhaps I could see after all.

I had so many questions and there was only one way to find the answers. I felt around the bed to find the buzzer. Pressing it, I waited for the nurse to arrive.

Within a few minutes, I heard footsteps entering the room.

"Oh! You are awake. How are you feeling?"

I was relieved to hear her. It wasn't the same voice. Maybe it was just a bad dream and nothing more.

With slight hope in my voice I asked, "Can I see?"

"Yes, you can. Your eyes were injured. But they have been healing up nicely. I'm sure you can see perfectly fine once the bandage is removed."

"Can you remove it?"

"Sure."

She helped me sit up and removed the bandage.

"Now, open your eyes slowly."

I did as she said and slowly opened my eyes. Blinking a few times, I took in my surroundings. It was a normal hospital room and I could see the sky from the window. For the first time in my life, I appreciated my eyes.

Smiling, I turned towards the nurse to thank her.

"Thank you", My smile disappeared as I looked at her, horrified. Her uniform was covered in red, the blood wasn't hers.

"Oh, don't worry! Lilly was dying and she was in so much pain. I just ended her pain. She doesn't complain about her pain now. Lilly is finally sleeping peacefully", she replied proudly.

"I did good, right Ms. Renda?" she asked.

Before I could say anything, the door slammed and 3 nurses entered my room.

"Inform Dr. Susan that patient 273X has broken out again." The tallest one rushed off and the other two dragged the woman out of my room.

"It was good, right Ms Renda?" she screamed and laughed maniacally as the door closed.

My name wasn't Renda, why did she call me that? She just killed someone and was so proud of it. Something was wrong with her, she was mentally unstable. Why wasn't she in a Psychiatric hospital? Taking a deep breath, I tried to forget about her.

I was checking my body for any other injuries, when my eyes went to restraints attached to the bed. She was in a Psychiatric hospital and so was I.

As my vision went dark again all I could think was, "Fuck!"