The Accident: Part 2

It's been a few days and Ki Hong and I went out to eat since they are filming a few scenes we aren't in. We both are done for the day so we changed into normal clothes.

We sit down and eat and talk until I get a phone call.

I furrow my eyebrows and grab my phone from my pocket. "It's Thomas"

He nods and I answer it.

K: "Hey Thomas"

T: "Hey Kylie uhm"

He sounds sad, worried, and scared.

K: "What's wrong you sound worried?"

I look at Ki Hong for a second and he has a questioning look on his face. I shrug at him.

Thomas tells me.

T: "Dylan got into an accident while doing a stunt he's being taken to a hospital-"

He continues to talk but I don't hear it. My eyes start to water and I put my hand over my mouth. The world stops for a while.

Ki Hong looks at me with concern.

T: "Kylie"

T: "Kylie?"

T: "Kylie you still there?"

K: "I'm on my way"

I stand up and grab Ki Hong's arm, I tell him to quickly pay and I hand him my wallet.

He goes and pays while I write down the address of the hospital Thomas is telling me.

I'm so smart to have gotten a rental car!

Ki Hong and I hop into the rental and I put Thomas on speaker.

I make Ki Hong drive because my vision is blurred by my watery eyes.

K: "Can you tell us what happened again?"

T: "Yeah, Dylan got into an accident, it was a harness malfunction, he was doing a stunt on a moving truck and it pulled him into the path of a following vehicle, that's all I really know I wasn't really looking when it happened. I'm on my way to the hospital right now."

By this time I am crying in the passenger seat, I'm silently crying. I look over at Ki Hong and see his worried face. I notice he is speeding.

Then Thomas says about how sorry he is for me and he is giving me encouragement and trying to make me laugh.

If it wasn't for him I would have waterfalls coming out of my eyes. My eyes would cry out a river. I do my hardest to keep the pain in and all my tears.

I called my mom and dad and told them what happened. They said they would come immediately.

I fiddle with my necklace, it helps calm me down a little but not today. My necklace reminds me of my family and since Dylan is my brother it makes it harder to keep the Niagra Falls from falling down my face.

I don't let go of the necklace. Even though it brings pain it brings back happiness. I remember the time my mom gave me the necklace. I was fourteen. She was so proud of me.

Then I remember Dylan, my amazing brother and one of my best friends. He has helped me throughout my life, I could never repay him.

Then I remember his girlfriend. ANGELA! SHE HAS NO IDEA!

I decide to call her. I grab my phone and am about to call her but then I call Thomas instead.

T: "H-hey Ky, how are you holding up?"

K: "G-good for now at least, can y-you do me a- a quick favor?"

T: "Anything"

I smile at his sweetness.