Chapter 1: The Reunion

The Prince was awestruck.

He stared at the girl, is this the same girl that invited him to play tag oh so many years ago?

The General's daughter?

The girl who once hung out with him, hiding from their fathers?

Y/n L/n?

The girl whom he lost communication with as soon as he left the fire nation, in search for the Avatar?

That Y/n L/n?

Her laugh brought him out of his thoughts.

"It's been way too long" she said to the both of them.

"I could say the same, Y/n!" His uncle said embracing the girl in a hug, "oh, it seems like just yesterday you and Prince Zuko were running around playing tag" he let go and looked at the Prince.

Zuko cleared his throat, "yeah I haven't seen you in forever" he internally debated whether or not to also give a hug, but seems like she wasn't waiting for him.

"Tea?" She said tucking her helmet under her arm and extending a hand to a tent, "I'll fill you in on the Fire Lord's plan"

"Oh yes tea sounds spectacular right now" the old man said.

"Excellent, I'll send a crew to repair your ship" she looked at Zuko, "It looks like it took on quite the damage, hope I get to hear the story of how it came to be"

She smiled at them leading them to her tent.

"So what, you got promoted to Commander now?" Zuko asked as she held the tent's curtain open for them and dismissed the guards outside her tent.

"Yes, around a year ago, I've been stationed here for a couple of months now" she said, "please take a seat"

"Congratulations, Y/n!" Iroh said cheerfully, "one step closer to being General!"

She took off her gloves taking a pot full of water, "Thanks" she smiled at the kind man while easily bringing a tea pot to a boil by simply placing her hand at the bottom and casting a small, but hot fire.

"Is this my father's plan?" The Prince said while examining a map that hung against the wall of the tent.

"Yes, silly isn't it?" She replied now pouring the hot water into three tea cups, "is ginseng alright?" the question was more directed to Iroh as she new how much he liked tea.

"It's my favorite!" He said as the girl handed him a cup.

"If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly then he is a fool!" Zuko states angrily as Y/n handed him the cup of tea.

"Tell me something I don't know... ZuZu" she smirked and took a sip of the hot tea, "it's been three years, any luck finding the--"

A loud crash was heard making their heads turn to it. Iroh had knocked over Y/n's set of weapons.

"Uh... my fault entirely" Iroh said starting to pick up the tools he dropped.

A laugh escaped her lips, setting her cup down on the table and walked over to pick up her favorite spear, "it's alright Iroh, why don't you take a seat" she sat at the table with them, setting her spear next to her and picking up the cup of tea again, raising an eyebrow looking at Zuko for her answer.

"Does it look like I've got him?" He snapped back.

"Three years, nothing's changed your temper huh ZuZu?" She smirked again taking another sip of tea.

"Yeah and your more sarcastic than I remember, what's the military done to you, Y/n?" He replied back.

"All jokes aside," she said now speaking to both of them, "I've heard all the Airbenders died one hundred years ago, and I haven't seen any myself. You think he's still alive?"