Chapter 6: Fire Nation Waters

"Sailing into Fire Nation waters. Of all the foolish things you've done in your sixteen years Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!" Iroh scolded the Prince while the Prince looked through a telescope.

"Don't worry Iroh," Y/n's voice came from behind him, she had just joined them, looking through her own gold encrusted telescope at the sky, "I'll get us through"

"There they are!" Zuko exclaimed, "Helmsman, full steam ahead!"

Y/n stopped looking through her telescope and tucked it back on her belt, "uh, no this is my crew, Zuko" She looked up at the wheelhouse, "you heard him!" She waved her hand as she gave the order and then walked out over to the main deck, "get the catapult out and ready to fire! We're knocking them down"

The crew members quickly prepared the catapult for their Commander, loading in a giant, flamable and rather foul smelling unlit fire ball.

"We really can't shoot them down with something more fragment?" Iroh said waving his fan.

Y/n giggled, "would you like to do the honor, Prince?" She gestured to the unlit fire ball.

Zuko rolled his eyes and lit the fire ball, "on my mark!" He waited for the perfect moment before giving the order, "FIRE!"

The soliders launched the fire ball, and it flew across the sky, ultimately missing the flying bison.

"You missed!" Y/n pouted, "quickly load another one!"

"Commander!" One solider said.

"What?!" She looked at him, he was pointing across the ocean.

"A blockage!" Zuko announced.

"Technically we are still in Earth Kingdom waters" Iroh said, giving one last attempt to get them to turn back, "turn back now and they cannot arrest you, Prince Zuko"

"They can't arrest Y/n!" Zuko said looking at Y/n, "right?"

"Well..." She looked a bit nervous, "they'll ask questions like," she imitated, "and why are you chasing the Avatar? Where are you going in such a hurry? What are you doing here?"

Zuko groaned and harshly took Y/n's spear out of the hands of the solider who held it for her, and shoved it into Y/n's hands, "just threaten them or something! You're good at that! Just figure it out and get us through!" He marched inside to hide.

"I have faith that you'll get us through, Y/n" Iroh said before walking after Zuko and shutting the door.

Y/n sighed and signaled to continue ahead, lighting another fire ball, and missing again.

However, all the ships from the blockage started firing at the flying bison as well, and all the fire balls that missed (which was all of them) came directly down at them, causing waves of water to crash onto the ship, making it terribly shake, everyone slipping and falling.

Y/n held onto the hand rail, "What the heck!" She took her telescope from her belt, "of course it's him"

Looking through the telescope, Y/n saw Zhao on the ships, ordering more fire balls to be launched.

The ship shook as they got hit by one fire ball.

"We've been hit!" Soliders shouted all around the ship.

"no duh" Y/n mumbled to herself before her attention was called.

"Commander!" one crew member called out "Our engine has been damaged! We need to stop and make repairs!"

Y/n gripped the hand rail, thinking about Zuko and how badly he need to get the Avatar, she shook her head, "no! do not stop this ship! Keep going!"

She walked up to the door where Zuko and Iroh were hiding, "Prince Zuko! Its fine! It's only Zhao!" she gave the spear back to the solider but told him to stay near by.

Coming back up to the deck they kept their course, although losing sight of the flying bison (but it was fine because they knew where he was going) and cutting it real close to almost crashing with two of Zhao's ships.

The ships appeared to be trying to block them from crossing, but surprisingly, Zhao let them cross, but not without having a stare down with Zuko.

After crossing Y/n yelled out to her crew, "keep going! No time to rest!"

The crew followed her orders as Zuko walked up to Y/n.

"Why didn't he arrest me and what is he doing here!?" He asked angrily.

"I don't know, he probably whined to your father until he sent him to capture the Avatar as well" she said annoyed gripping the hand rail, "nosy bastard is planning on following us! That's why he let us pass!"

"If Zhao wants to follow a trail of smoke, then that's exactly what I'll let him do!" Zuko said walking off to getting started in his plan in mind.
×××××××××
"Ok hold on, you want to do what?" Y/n asked.

"Uncle takes the ship North, while I take the boat to Crescent Island, using the smoke as a cover" he explained.

Y/n thought about it for a few seconds, "Huh, that might actually work" she gave a signal and the solider came running forward with her spear, "in that case I'm coming with you"

"Y/n no--"

"Bodyguard" she reminded him in a sing song voice.

"I don't need one but fine!" He gritted through his teeth as she joined him on the boat.