Chapter 7: Inside the Fire Temple(part 1)

Y/n and Zuko made their way to the Island just as planned. After getting off the boat, they stealthy made their way to the very top of the temple.

"So many stairs" Y/n whispered as the reached the top.

Zuko shushed her as they had a look at the top floor.

There was five fire benders firing all at once at the great door. Behind the pillars stood the Avatar's friends and one old fire bender. Then in the pillar closest to them stood the Avatar!

"Perfect" Zuko whispered then signaled for them to capture him.

Y/n nodded and held her spear with a good grip as they approached him from behind.

While the Avatar was distracted watching the fire benders, Y/n introduced her spear to him right underneath his throat.

The Avatar looked back with panic in his eyes as Y/n brought a finger to her lips, indicating for him to stay quiet as Zuko took a hold of his hands with force and now held him captive.

"Now Aang!" the old man shouted as the doors opened.

Y/n looked at the struggling boy, "is that you?" She asked in a low voice, spear never leaving his throat.

"Aang now's your chance!" The girl yelled.

"I'm taking that as a yes" Zuko said then stepped out of the pillar, followed by Y/n and her spear, revealing themselves, "the Avatar's coming with me!" He stated as the boy struggled against his grip but one quick reminder that Y/n held a spear and he quit moving.

This allowed for the fire benders to gain control back, taking a hold on the Avatar's friends, chaining them against a pillar.

"Finally" Zuko said starting to walk away.

"Close the door! Quickly!" Y/n said as a smile came to her face, Zuko was right, finally he'll be able to return home and get his honor back... he'll be happy!

Starting to walk down the stairs, however, the Avatar took advantage of Y/n's daze to get out of Zuko's grasp, and kick him down the stairs.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going!" Y/n was able to trip him with her spear, but that didn't stop the Avatar as he blew Y/n against the wall.

"No, come back!" She threw fire blast after fire blast as he jumped around, until she got frustrated and lit the end of her spear and threw it straight at him with a yell, just as he slipped inside the closing doors.