Chapter two

The car pulled up outside what looked like a mansion. There was no way that the place contained less than at least twelve rooms and that was just bedrooms. We climbed out of the car and people come rushing out of the house. One lady ran straight up to Stephanie. "Oh honey I'm so glad you're ok!" She wrapped Stephanie up in a huge hug almost crying. She looked very similar to Stephanie so I took a guess that it was her mother. They shared the same long wavy blonde hair and soft green eyes. She stepped back from Stephanie and looked at me curiously. "And who is this lovely creature honey?" Stephanie smiled kindly at me. "This is Serenity. Serenity I would like you to meet my mum, Clarisa." I smile at her kindly and she steps forward pulling me into a hug similar to her daughter. "I owe you everything my dear. You will always be welcomed in my home no matter what." And she squeezed me a little hard before releasing me. Blake stepped up next to Clarisa and cleared his throat. "Excuse me ladies but is Keith up stairs in his office?" Clarisa smiled at him. "Of course. He's always in that office these days." She pouted. Blake laughed lightly before looking at me. "Serenity, I'm sorry to say, but you will have to come with me for now." I nodded at him. Stephanie and her mother smiled at me reassuringly as I stepped away and followed Blake into the house.

We wound our way upstairs and through the house until we reached a set of double doors. Blake knocked and waited patiently for a reply. "Come in Blake." He opened the doors and I followed him into the large room. Sitting behind a large wooden desk was a man almost as big as Blake. He had short blonde hair and as he looked up I noticed he had brown eyes. His eyes darted from Blake to me then back to Blake questioningly. "Hi Keith. We need to have a talk... In private if we can please?" It was when he said this that I noticed a couple of other men sitting quietly off to one side. Keith nodded to them and they got up walking for the doors. "And close it please?" The last one turned and pulled the doors closed behind him. "Now what can I do for you Blake?" Blake walked over and motioned for me to sit in a chair opposite Keith. So I walked over and sat down feeling them watch me as I did so. "Keith this is Serenity. Serenity this is Keith, Stephanie's father." I looked at him and nodded. "Hello sir." He smiled at that. "No one has called me sir since my first son started school. Keith is fine for now Serenity." Blake sat down in the chair next to me and Keith looked back to him.

"When Stephanie called from the cafe as you know we rushed out to pick her up. At that point we only knew of twelve men that had been sent to try and take her again. We reached the cafe and she wasn't there. Dave said he tried to send her out the back door but they had already pulled up there. He tried to hold them off to give Stephanie a chance to run which she did. On her way out of the ally she came across Serenity. Together they made it to the motel and into Serenity's room. It wasn't long after this that we arrived. Except there was a problem. More men were there than expected." Blake stopped for a moment and looked at me. "These other men weren't well organised rogues...They were from another pack." Keith looked at me and back at Blake. "What are you implying Blake?" Blake looked at me and I was confused as anything. What was a pack? And why would Blake want me to sit in on a conversion about Stephanie? "They weren't there for Stephanie. In fact they didn't even seem fazed by the rogues. They took out a couple while trying to reach the same room that the rogues wanted." This time Keith looked at me alone with curiosity. "They were after Serenity." That got Keith's attention again. "What?" Blake just stared at Keith while he processed what Blake said.

Keith had gotten up from the desk and started pacing. "Why the hell is another pack hunting someone in my territory? It doesn't make sense! Serenity." I nearly jumped out of my skin at my name. "Do you know who the men are that were chasing you?" I shook my head. "No I don't." Blake looked at me and Keith came and sat back down in his chair. "Serenity, I know you don't know us very well but we need your story. Everything." I looked down sadly. "I can't. I'm sorry but I really can't. If they made it here then I need to leave. I'm sorry I brought this into your town." I said looking up at Keith. Keith nodded in understanding. "But Keith..." Keith snarled at Blake. "You are my daughters mate and a guest in my house, but this is still my house Alpha Blake." Blake's look turned a little cold but he nodded. He then rose from his chair and stalked out of the office. "I really am sorry sir. For all the trouble I've caused." I said looking down at my hands. Keith got up out of his chair and came around to stand in front of me. He lifted my chin gently and looked at me softly. "Trust me, it's nothing we can't handle. You however I am concerned about. Do you have any understanding of who the men were that were chasing you?" I shook my head. "All I know is I have shot more than one of them more than once and they still keep coming." He nodded in understanding. "They will and I have a feeling that the ones that Blake killed will certainly be replaced with more. I know you want to leave as soon as possible but might I suggest you spend at least one night here. You can rest properly before leaving in the morning and I promise no one will stop you when you do." I nodded. "Thank you that would be nice." He smiled happily. "Well then, now that is settled lets head down stairs and get you something to eat hey?" I smiled and got up from the chair.