Chapter three

At some point during the long drive I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes I didn't recognise the surroundings. We were driving into a really small town that appeared almost empty. Stephanie stretched and almost smacked me in the face as she yawned. "Oh my goddess, sorry Serenity." She said as she placed her hand over her mouth giggling. Clarisa looked at us both and rolled her eyes. "I'm so glad the two of you managed to sleep all night. We had to sit here listening to the pair of you snoring like chainsaws." We both smiled at her apologetically. "Blake, could we please stop up here near that dress store? We still need to get dress for the two girls." Blake started to slow down and indicate to pull off the road. "Of course. We can't have them running around in jeans and shirts the whole time." He said with a smirk on his face. This time I rolled my eyes. The only person wearing jeans and a shirt was me. Stephanie was dressed beautifully in a dress suite that fitted every curve of her perfectly and Clarisa was wearing dress pants with a formal looking dress shirt. Clarisa tsked at him and Keith just laughed gently. It was strange to hear him laugh really. I had appeared so serious but gentle ever since I met him so to see him relaxed was refreshing.

The car came to a complete stop and Blake turned the engine. He turned slightly and looked back at us. "Would you like us to come along or just wait here?" Clarisa undid her belt and smiled at him. "You, mister, can wait here. If you are worried though I am happy to take one or two of the other men with us?" Keith turned back to his wife. "I've already mind linked Christoff, he will be going with you while the rest of us wait." Clarisa nodded and climbed out of the car. She ducked her head back down and looked at Stephanie and me. "Well come on you two we don't have time to waste." She then closed the door and started walking around the car to head towards the dress store. I opened my door and climbed out with Stephanie right behind me. We followed Clarisa up to the store with Christoff right on our heels.

The door dinged as we walked through and a young girl came out to meet us from the back. "How can I help today ladies?" Clarisa beamed at her. "I need two formal dresses for my girls." The girl smiled and nodded as she looked us both up and down. "I think I have a couple that would suite them perfectly. So who should we start with then?" I quickly pointed at Stephanie. "Her! Definitely her." Clarisa looked at me and smiled Stephanie however groaned loudly. "Go Stephanie and don't forget to walk out and show me please? You know the routine dear." She gently nudged Stephanie towards the girl and they disappeared out the back. Clarisa went and sat down on a chair and patted the free spot next to her. I walked over and sat down. "Now would you like to explain to me what that little panic was about sweet heart?" I swallowed and looked down at my hands. "To be honest, I've never been to a dress store before. I've never worn a formal dress in my life." Clarisa patted my hand gently. "It's ok sweet heart. There's nothing to be afraid of and you will look stunning in a dress. I can already see it." She smiled at me reassuringly. "What if I trip? What if I tare the dress!?" Clarisa just pulled me to her. "You will be fine. You have all the grace of your mother in you and that woman could float on water in a dress so you will be exactly the same." I smiled at her thankfully for the kind words and returned the hug.

We got distracted from our conversation by Stephanie as she stepped out in a beautiful looking pink gown. It flattered her perfectly. There was a single strap that went up over her right shoulder that was delicately adorned with silver thread in a swirl like pattern. The bust of the dress was scattered softly with small diamantes that sparkled nicely as she moved. The lower part of the dress flowed like water around her as she stepped. I could only stare at her amazed. Clarisa smiled proudly at her daughter and got up from the chair. She walked over and grabbed Stephanie's hands. "Perfect. Absolutely perfect." Stephanie smiled confidently at her mum. I couldn't help but smile at the two of them myself they looked so happy. Stephanie looked past her mum and eyed me. "Your turn now Serenity. Up you get it's time for you to try on what we picked out for you to try first." Her smile broadened at that thought and my smile faulted a little. I was terrified.