4

"I got a ponytail. I got a ponytai-"

Hongjoong snapped his head towards the ringtone of his phone. He bit his lips when another memory hits him.

Yeosang always dances to this song, no matter how ridiculous it is. He would always use it to make someone laugh but in reality, it is something that became really special to Hongjoong. Not only that, he also treasured the rabbit — made out of a towel — that Yeosang made for him.

Yeosang was not confident when Hongjoong have first met him. He is always camera shy and would think badly of himself. That's why the younger volunteered to have less lines on their songs because he wasn't confident. 

That's why Hongjoong would always be there for Yeosang. To support him, to guide him and to help him improve.

He often remembers when Yeosang would shyly enter Hongjoong's studio, a paper in hand. His lips are formed in a pout while asking Hongjoong to help him get the notes right for the song that he wants to record for the fans. 

He wasn't able to answer the phone and instead searched for Yeosang's cover of Me After You. He let Yeosang's voice fill the silence of his studio.

"In the dazzling morning.
I open my eyes by thinking of you.
I sit face to face with you at the table."

Hongjoong could feel the heaviness of his heart hearing Yeosang's voice for one last time. He clutched his chest, letting the tears on his face fall down.

"I ask about your day,
Or my day was pretty good.
I want to answer with a smile."

His voice so gentle and warm filled Hongjoong's ears, feeling as if Yeosang is there singing to him. As if they're together once again to practice the song together. 

"When we understand each other about little things.
I was surprised with the fact that we got used to each other."

"I love you." Hongjoong croaked out, his arms wrapping itself around his body. He let the song continue but Hongjoong felt as if he is being travelled back to the time where all of them are still together.  

The song ended and Hongjoong could barely move an inch from his seat because of the exhaustion on crying for many days. He wasn't able to tell Yeosang that he looks up to him, because of how hardworking he is and how passionate he is to singing and dancing. That he is talented and beautiful.

He misses his voice.