Memories

TW ━☆゚.*・。゚ Suicide,  illnesses, blood, death and accidents.

Hongjoong could barely keep his hand still from shaking, seeing a question that taunts him. He took a deep breath and held his head high up to confront the fan as if receiving this question does not bother him but the pain in his heart gave away his true feelings.

"Is... Is it too personal? I can change the question. I'm sorry." The fan cowered on her seat, holding out her hand to take back the piece of paper he is tightly gripping. Hongjoong vigorously shook his head to deny her concerns and put on a small smile to calm the nerves of the fan.

"It's okay." He pressed his lips in a thin line, blinking his eyes to avoid the tears from being evident. "It is time for me to reveal what truly happened to them." He shakily let out a breath, closing his eyes tightly as the haunting memories played back in his mind.

It has been exactly a year since Hongjoong has shown up in front of the public. Plenty of questions have been thrown at him as soon as he steps foot out in the public, still he kept his mouth shut in hopes for it to pass by silently. Although, he knew that he can no longer avoid it. It's just not acceptable to find that all the members disappeared with Hongjoong only the one appearing in the public. The company covered it up as a reason of them having a vacation at each other's hometown, that's why there is a lack of update from the other members in the social media.

Yet, Hongjoong knew that it cannot just be passed as that. Especially when they released a statement of an accident that is too big to be avoided or when the comments are full of witnesses of another accident that the company desperately tried to cover up.

It only brought Hongjoong shame, knowing that the fans are kept in the dark, knowing that the members are truly gone. He tried arguing to the company to just let it be. Let the fans know, and when they finally told the truth to the public, so many fans raised a campaign for support.

"What happened to the members?" He knew that he would sooner get this question, especially when he is hosting the last fan sign all by himself. They did not release the reason behind the death of the members, not wanting to be called names for being the only person remaining.

Hongjoong took a deep breath, "It all started from Seonghwa." He thought of the day when he found out what Seonghwa is going through.

Seonghwa has been acting differently for weeks. He constantly keeps making mistakes at the dance, he disappears just right after practice ended, and he has been eating very little as well. Hongjoong should have taken note of the pale face that Seonghwa is sporting that very day at the practice room. He should have checked on him right away to know what is wrong.

It was late at night. It has been particularly an exhausting day, and everyone just wants to go home at that point. However, a particular harsh cough brought them out of their head space and let their attentions divert towards Seonghwa who has his hand covering his mouth with his upper body leaning forward.

Wooyoung immediately took Seonghwa's side and patted his back gently, shooting a worried glance towards Hongjoong. They slowly attended Seonghwa towards the couch in their practice room as he continues to cough too harshly for Hongjoong to overlook it.

"Hwa?" Seonghwa shook his head, trying to deny being seen at such state he is in. Hongjoong gently pulled Seonghwa's hand away, his eyes falling down to see droplets of blood in the hand that had been covering his mouth.

"Hyung!" San latched himself towards Seonghwa, worry, concern and fear painted on his face as he gently massages the back of Seonghwa's neck. "Are you... are you okay?" Seonghwa slowly shook his head.