Chapter 4

PLEASE READ THIS CHAPTER CAREFULLY SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON. IN THE PAST PART AND IN THE PRESENT TIME. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES.

FLASHBACK

Sloane's Office

They were working on Gibbs's accident case. But they didn't get anything. They don't even get something useful as a lead. Not from that Doctor too. But Sloane was right about that he was hiding something. And that information he told her and Nick.

"It's been almost two weeks, Jack and we got nothing. I think we have to stop digging. Because we're trying to find a thing that never even happened.

Maybe it's our guilt that we all are feeling about what happened to Gibbs. And none of us was with him when he needed. We are trying to do something that might be reduced our guilt." Nick said to Sloane.

"I agree with, Torres. I mean I followed Gibbs to find out something suspicious or a reason behind his strange behaviour but I found nothing.

But only one thing is to keep bothering me. That after leaving NCIS he visits one abandoned warehouse. And about ten minutes later he left and drove off to his house.

I never tried to enter that warehouse. Because he only visited the warehouse only three times. May he is working on something. And I love my job so I didn't even try to ask him.

Because we did that before in the Deakin case. And Gibbs warned us to DO NOT FOLLOW HIM AGAIN. For the one last time, I will do this tonight and I'll try to find out about what's he up to?" McGee replied.

"No, McGee. I think Nick is right. I... I dragged you in this shit that never happened. And like Nick said I was feeling guilty and that's why I was trying to take the burden of guilt off my mind. And started overthinking.

Even Gibbs started behaving normally. So we have to stop digging before Gibbs finds out." Sloane said

"Gibbs, find out what Jack?" Gibbs was standing at the door and he looks confused.

"Yo. Gibbs man... why didn't you knock on ANY DOOR? And we're planning something here, like..." Nick tried to cover it.

"Don't want to listen to it. We gotta case. Grab your gear. C'mon." Gibbs said and left. They all felt relief and then McGee and Nick left Sloane's office.

McGee did not agree with Sloane and Nick. He knows Gibbs is working on something without their knowledge and tonight he decides to find out what Gibbs was doing in that warehouse.

At the crime scene, they all are doing their job but Gibbs was pretending like he didn't care about what happened to that dead Navy Officer. He was talking with someone on the phone. Gibbs hung up and he saw that McGee was looking at him suspiciously.

"What's going on McGee?" Gibbs asked and put his cellphone in his pants pocket.

"I was just trying to figure out that, since when did you start using the smartphone?" McGee asked with a confused face. Gibbs laughs at him.

"Phill, he gifted me after we saved his life. I told him, I don't know how to use this thing. So he teaches me some basic things. Like how to make a call and how to receive it..." Gibbs explained to him.

"Oh.. yeah. That bastard almost got him and his girlfriend. And finally, you started living in the 20th century, Boss."

"Yeah... now do some work," Gibbs replied.

McGee was still not ready to believe Gibbs's statement. He wants to believe him but he was feeling hinky.

MEANWHILE SOMEWHERE IN DC