Chapter 3

FLASHBACK.....

It's been four days after Gibbs has been returned home. Vance told him to take some rest. So today was his first day of office after his accident.

McGee was heading to the Gibbs's house. He knows Gibbs's truck was still not fixed yet. And it was his first day after his accident. So he decided to give him a ride to the office. He parked his car and stepped out of his car and started walking toward Gibbs's front door. He knows Gibbs never locked his front door.

He opened the door and called Gibbs. But there's no response. He called him again but still no response from Gibbs. First, he thought he already left on his own. He pulled out his mobile and was about to make a call but he noticed a fresh cup of coffee on the dinner table. He walked to the kitchen area and found it's empty.

He went upstairs and tried to search Gibbs there. But he was not in his bedroom or bathroom.

And then he heard some kind of sound like the glass was broken. He pulls out his gun and slowly he came downstairs. He saw nothing was broken in the living room or the kitchen.

"Hey, Boss! Boss are you there? Answer me, Gibbs. Are you okay?" He was shouting literally. But there's no response came from Gibbs. Then he realized that that sound was coming from the basement. He ran toward the basement door and he was about to open the door. And before he could open the door, the door was slammed open.

"NCIS... FEDERAL AGENT. PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD AND COME OUT SLOWLY... NOW!" McGee said as he drew his gun firmly at the door. He was in position and ready to shoot. He heard someone was coming out of the door.

His hands were on top of his head and he came out slowly as McGee ordered him. McGee lowered his weapon in shock. It was Gibbs.

"BOSS! WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THE BASEMENT? I WAS CALLING YOUR NAME LIKE THOUSAND TIMES. AND WHEN I DIDN'T FIND YOU I THOUGHT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU." McGee started yelling at him. Gibbs was standing calmly and smiling at him still his hands were on his head.

"Oh.. please put your hands down, Boss. I'm already feeling humiliated."

"There's nothing to feel humiliated. You just did what you are trained for. And you did good, for a moment I thought I'm a criminal." Gibbs said and he patted McGee's shoulder.

"By the way, what were you doing down there? It's 6:30 in the morning." McGee asked Gibbs.

"Nothing, I was just... just moving some stuff and one of the jars fell. That's it. What are you doing here?" Gibbs said as he locked the basement door.

"To pick you up. Since when you started locking up your BASEMENT DOOR?" McGee was surprised when he saw Gibbs was locking his basement door.

"From today, Sherlock," Gibbs said with sarcasm.

"What! Did you just gave a movie reference!"

"Oh. C'mon McGee, stop playing Q and A. We are already late." Gibbs finished his coffee in one long gulp. And start walking toward the front door.

McGee was standing there for a while and thinking about why Gibbs locked the door? Then he followed Gibbs.

After reaching the ing office, Nick informed them that Vance wants them in MTAC. For a moment Gibbs looks nervous it looked like he was going to pass out.

"Hey, Gibbs. Are you okay?" Bishop asked.

"Yeah, I am okay. Just a little dizziness." Gibbs replied. Then he started walking upstairs. McGee followed him. Gibbs turned around to McGee and request him.