Chapter 7

ON THE WAY TO GIBBS HOUSE

McGee and Sloane just wanted to reach the Gibbs house ASAP. They both are thinking the same thing but they didn't want to talk about it. They both want to keep their focus on the current situation. They both are thinking that what if Henry already killed Gibbs and now he is going to kill Bishop.

"What if he already killed Gibbs, Jack? I didn't want to say that, but it's driving me crazy. What will we do?" McGee said with fear. He couldn't hold it anymore.

"C'mon, McGee!  How could you say that! It's Gibbs we are talking about. He has already been through a lot of bad situations and, he always bounces back.  Yeah, he might be in bad shape but, he is alive. So, stop thinking about this shit." Sloane freaked out.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. But I am afraid, okay. I'm afraid of losing Gibbs. He's like a father to me. We have been working together for years.

Okay, tell me... what we will do, if we have to find out who is the real Gibbs? AGAIN! Henry or Gibbs, how will we figure it out? Like we know that Henry is very good at playing Gibbs. He tricked us before and now he is gone!"

McGee was very frustrated because he was done with Henry's game. After a very long pause, Sloane jumped in the seat and turned to McGee, with excitement.

"I have an idea. We saw in the recording that, Henry only knows about what Max asked Gibbs during his interrogation. Like how Gibbs met his team and who's in his team's family. And all that crap.

He didn't know about our conversations with Gibbs. I'm going to tell you some conversation that, I had with Gibbs. Only I and Gibbs know about it. We will ask him about that, kind of question. If he answered correctly that means he is Gibbs. And if he can't that means he is Henry." Sloane suggests McGee.

"Yeah, it sounds like a plan. Gibbs was right. You will find out. And what about, Bishop? I'm worried about her. She doesn't even know that the person who hurt her is not Gibbs, but it's Henry! How will she react? I can't..." McGee said. Sloane put her hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay... don't worry, McGee. She knows, Jimmy told her. She knows everything. Did you called for backup and EMT?" Sloane calmly says.

"Yeah, I informed them, right after we left the hospital. Let's hope they reach there in time." McGee replied.

They arrived at Gibbs house and saw that there's a big black SUV was parked in the driveway. McGee stopped the car and, he and Jack pulled out their weapons and ran toward the house.

The door was unlocked as usual. McGee entered the house from the front door and Jack takes the back. McGee cleared the hall and he went upstairs, slowly and quietly.

Sloane entered through the back door and cleared the kitchen area and she also went upstairs. But she stops when she saw McGee came downstairs and shook his head.

"Nothing is upstairs. His bedroom and guest room are empty."

"So as his kitchen and dining area. So, that means..." Sloane informed him and then they both shared a look and start to run toward the basement when they heard gunshots.

Sloane was leading and McGee was following her. McGee kicked open the door and they entered the basement and they both pulled out their weapons and drawn them to the person who was holding the gun.

"NCIS! PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWN, NOW..." McGee yelled.

"McGee! It's Bishop, C'mon." Sloane said and lowered her weapon.

"Hey, Bishop! Give me the gun. And tell us what happened." Sloane walked toward Bishop and take the gun from her hand.

"I KILLED HIM," Bishop said with a heavy voice.