Chapter 15

I read through each letter again, writing down each mistake on another sheet of paper.

However, all I got was a random jumble of letters.

Maybe there's something more to this. Maybe it's not in order.

I sighed. There was no way I could do something like this alone. I needed help...

Or a computer.

I realised I had my phone inside my pocket. I take it out quickly, wincing from the pain of my fists. I quickly went to the internet and searched up 'letter unjumbler'. I didn't know if that was a real word, but it came up and I quickly put every letter in.

Most of what came up didn't make any sense. I scrolled down the results page quickly, looking for something that it could mean. Until I found one.

"Will not take from me. Aksiemadamtkooayakius"

The unsolved letters stuck out to me, and I didn't understand why. I wrote down the letters quickly, before realising why they looked so similar.

I wrote my full name below the string of letters, and Saki's full name below mine. I crossed off each letter that was found in my name and the string, before doing the same for Saki's name.

And every single letter had been crossed out by the end.

That's when I realised. Her murder had been planned...

Since the day I spoke to her for the first time.

The note either read "Saki Maeda will not take Makoto Akiyasu from me".

Or, "Makoto Akiyasu will not take Saki Maeda from me."

But if the person really liked Saki, why would they kill her?

Which either meant the person was a psycho...

... or they were jealous of Saki.

I sighed heavily. I was relieved, but also not satisfied with the answer. The letter didn't even have one mention of a name, or even indicate who it could be.

I gently slipped my phone back into my pocket, and walked out of Rin's bedroom.

Who was this person Rin loves?

Who wrote the letters?

And who would want to kill Saki?

Questions continued to pop up in my mind as I walked down the stairs and back out into the ice cold.

As I walked, I saw Haru on the street, even though it was a school day. I quickly ran up to her.

"Hey, Haru."

She smiled brightly when she saw me. "Mako! Hey!"

"How come you're not at school?"

"Oh, Rin-chan called me and explained a bunch of things that happened last night, so I went to see her. I was just heading back from the hospital."

"Oh, right." I walked with her.

Should I tell her about the letters?

"You know, Mako, it's nice to see you. We never really talk often anymore. I know it's because of Saki-chan... but... I really missed you..."

Haru suddenly hugged me, trying to hold back tears.

I gently hugged her back. In all honesty, I missed her too. With all the things surrounding Saki...

I almost forgot about the person who was with me through the most.

Haru let go, and smiled gently. "Thanks, Mako."