A Final Word

Hey guys, thank you for sticking with me through Mako and Saki's story. I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you've not finished the story yet, this will contain spoilers.

I made this story because I wanted to show something. With Saki, I wanted to show that what's on the inside matters more than the outside. Saki is, as you now know, seen as an amazing person on the outside, but she's an amazing person on the inside too.

I also wanted to show not to judge a book by it's cover, and I think I succeeded with that. You may have thought Rin was the one behind the murder. Yes, she read mystery books a lot, but she was no less kind than Saki.

If you noticed that My Chemical Romance reference in chapter 17, you're automatically a pretty awesome person. But that line is one of my favourites from any song, meaning that you only truly understand something once it hurts you. The line is from the chorus of The Kids From Yesterday, if you're curious.

And finally, a quick fun fact. Saki's birthday, April 4, can actually be seen in Japanese as a date of death. The number four has two pronunciations, and the 'shi' pronunciation is the same as the character meaning death. And April 4 = 4/4 = death/death.

Again, thank you so much for sticking with this story the whole way through, it was a great experience writing it all.