Chapter 1

Kayla Warfield
_________________

It's another Monday morning. I honestly dread waking up just to go to a place I hate but I only have 6 more months then Im officially done. I roll out of bed and head to my bathroom to start my morning routine.
After my 20 minute shower , I start brushing my teeth while looking for my skin scrub. When I'm done I check the time

" Shit it's 7:20 , I need to eat ."

I head to my closet and grab a very comfortable yet cute fit for today.

Since it's  Monday I went very very light on the make-up

Since it's  Monday I went very very light on the make-up. I walk into the hallway where I'm greeted to my younger brother Kevin.

" Kayla why the fuck didn't you wake me up ? You know Latrell will leave my ass if I'm late! "

I couldn't do anything but laugh because he isn't lying. Latrell is my best friend , we've been best friends since forever . He's like my only friend , well besides my sis Yasmine.

" Boy I'm not your fucking alarm clock , you're a whole ass sophomore and you don't know how to use an alarm clock ? Anyways move out my way so I can get something to eat. And you better hurry the fuck up because you know he'll be outside at 8am "

I shout while running down the stairs.

As soon I touch the last step the air smells like bacon and pancakes. Happily I ran to the kitchen seeing my mom at the stove lowly sing her and my daddy song that played at their vow renewal. My daddy died about 3 years ago due to a heart attack. Of course my mom took it hard. She couldn't eat, sleep , drink , or even take care of us. That's when Latrell and his mom came in and helped us with literally everything.
" Morning mama, how you sleep ? "

" Hey baby , I slept wonderful. How about you ?"

And as soon she asked me that question I groan while rolling my eyes remembering Latrell blowing my phone up at 2am asking about the homework we had over the weekend.

" Girllllllll lemme me tell you " , I say as she chuckles. " Momma Latrell was kept calling and texting me asking me about some homework. I don't even remember I was so sleepy."

She starts dying laughing , I haven't heard her laugh that hard in years. After her laughing dies down she give me a slick smile. I nervously laugh and ask

" Ma it's to early to be laughing what's so funny? "

While pouring a small cup of apple juice , then she say
" I've known Latrell for years , I've seen how he treats you , the way he looks at you , the he acts when he's around you. And I most definitely know a crush when I see one!"

I damned near choked on my juice when those words flew out her mouth. 

" Ma , me and Latrell are just friends .."

I've been liking Latrell for years but I never told him because I didn't want to mess up our friendship. All my mom said was mhmm.
I checked my phone to see the time says 7:57am , I lowly curse and ZOOM up those stairs running into my room grabbing my book bag, purse, and my cheer bag. Walking pass the bathroom hearing the shower shut off, chuckling lowly because this nigga Kevin is going to be late to school once again. I tell my mom have a great day and run out the front door. I see Latrell standing outside the passenger door waiting for me. He gives me a nice squeeze and opens the door , once I get in he walks to the other side of the door and starts the car.

" Good morning beautiful , I Kev is running late once again ? "

I blush then I die laughing shaking my head yes and telling him good morning as he pulls out in front of my home on our way to hell.