Chapter 23

Poodie's pov

I finally get my own chapter mannn that's crazyyyy !! It's ya nigga Jerome but to y'all it's Poodie man.

Anyways I'm chilling with the niggas I became coo
with at this lil program.

" Atlanta's Troubled Youth "... I had so much fun at month. It was all types of niggas in there.

The dudes I was coo with Savon, Bryson, and Eli. Since the first day we clicked. These the bros now.

I hang with them when my other niggas PAUSE got shit going on.

" What's the move today?" Eli asked.

We was sitting in this lil park spot by our neighborhood, crazy I never seen these nigga ever growing up.

" Ion know man I can't really do much." Savon pointed to his ankle monitor.

" Damn Savon. Well guess we gonna chill here all day. Again ." Eli sighed.

These niggas is real odd. Like real odd but they my dawgs tho.

" Nigga how are you outside while on the watch ?" Bryson mugged Savon.

" Pussy is literally chilling at the park like he wasn't arrested for selling that shit." I laughed.

Everybody was just chilling and laughing until I heard a loud scream coming from down the block.

I'm already knowing who it is.

" You'd be back brody?" Bryson asked.

I just sighed and shook my head.

Running down the block , I busted through my front door seeing my momma with a cigarette in her hand.

" Ma you okay ?! I heard you screaming all the way from the park."

She just looked at me shaking her head.

" You know I've always wanted a daughter. When I was pregnant I prayed day and night for a daughter."

I don't know but my stomach to felt uneasy.

" But I got a no good ass son , just like your no good ass daddy." She blew smoke into the air.

" You don't mean that ma.." I spoke.

" Oh Jerome I do. I've always been disappointed and ashamed to call you MY son. You know people always told me that you'd turn out just like your daddy and they were right."

She started pacing around the area hallway we was in.

" You are your fathers child. I'm sorry that he's not here. Keep this shit up you'll be 6ft under with him."

" Mam-" She cut me off with a slap to the face .

" I'm no mother of a damn DEMON SEED! YOU ARE GOING TO BE NOTHING BUT ANOTHER NIGGA ON A TEE!!" She spat in my face.

I felt something hot on my face. Tears. I haven't cried since Donnie's funeral. This hurt. A different type of hurt.

" You've brought so much trouble here and I don't want you here no more. Get your shit and don't ever come back." She blew cigarette smoke in my face.

" But momma I need you. Why do you act like this? I've always wanted to nothing but the best for us. For you." Tears threatening to fall.

" Ha the best for me? You wouldn't be running the streets.. Dealing drugs, hitting licks, and killing. You have no soul. You're a demon and like I sai-" I cut her off .

" You're no mother of a demon." I whispered.

" You have 10 minutes to get yo shit and GET THE FUCK OUT if you're still here I'm calling 12 on yo ass!"

I just went to my room and grabbed all the shit I felt like I needed. Money, clothes, and shoes.

Looked in my drawers to see if I had anything in there. It was a picture of me , my momma , and my pops.

I don't have no parents.. One's dead and the other doesn't want me.

She called me a demon and she said she meant it. She said she meant it.

After I grab all the things I need and take a good glimpse at my room before leaving. As I'm walking to the front my mo- I mean Erica is just standing there.

Still smoking that cigarette.

" You know I will still love you. Even though I bring you disappointment I'll still love you, I'll still kill for you, I'll still die for you." I cried hoping I could change her mind.

" Get the fuck out of my house."

Was all she said. And with that I left.

I wanted to turn back but I couldn't. Didn't go back to the park to tell them niggas what happened.

I don't like talking bout my personal life no way. That's why I'm so goofy and childish now. What that shit called ? Trampoline? Trauma ?

Yeah that's what it is.

I went to the only place I felt a lil good bout myself. I hesitated before knocking on the door.

" Heyy Poodie uh Kevin's not hom- What's wrong?" Kayla asked.

I just fell into her arms. Shit I broke down. She didn't hesitate to hold me.

" Awn baby. Poodie it's okay let it all out baby let it all out." She held me so tight.

" Kayla Ima have to beat you up. You just seen a real nigga cry." I mumbled into her neck.

She giggled but never let go.

" I'm always there. Made that promise since day 1. I'm always there for all of y'all right or wrong." She whispered.

Them my niggas 4L.